Close

The 3D Printed Zombie Scene by Whiteclouds

Some of the guys at Whiteclouds, 3d printed this extraordinary Zombie Scene. It was printed using a ProJet 660 and ProJet 3500. The main scene was printed in one piece on the 660, while the broken glass panes were done on the 3500.
    I love the detail in this. It really goes to show how good the ProJet series of printers. 3D Systems does an excellent job making these. It's ashame that they are hundreds of thousands of dollars though. Whiteclouds is a printing service that can print a plethora of different items for clients.

This is sweet! One day I hope they make a movie out of 3D printed scenes and characters.

Student
    Thanks for the positive feedback. Here are some more pictures. You can also view the scene from the zombie side which makes this print especially cool. This is definitely one of my favorite prints that we've done.

Some other interesting stats:
    Designer: Kelly Root
    Dimensions: 13 x 10 x 6.6 inches
    Time to Print: 16 hours
    Number of Layers: 1645
    Last edited by Cris; 04-22-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Banned
    This is awesome Chris. Please post anything else you guys ever print here as well. I am actually surprised that this only took 16 hours. It's quite a large print. What printer was used here?

Student
    Thanks for the compliment. We used the ProJet 660 for the main build. It printed in one piece. The broken window panes were printed on the ProJet 3500. I'll work on getting some good images of other builds. We did some concept architecture that is really cool.

Here's some pictures of a Minecraft castle that we recently 3D printed (scroll down to view all of the pictures). We used the Projet 660 for the entire build. There are 29 separate pieces. Kyle Gifford designed the castle.

I wish I had a ProJet 660 laying around in my garage. These printers can do some amazing things. Great work on the design too!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    omg.. the things I could do with that printer.. $40k.... better start saving!