Close

Lost on a few problems

20170322_223156.jpg20170322_223428.jpg20170322_223357.jpg20170322_223538.jpg

I've been dialing in my printer and I have gotten rid of 90% of the issues I have been getting but these last ones have me beat. First of is the warping on the bottom layers. I have tried printing with the bed at 60 for the first then 50 for the rest and the last one (50 for the first and off after that. It looks temp related but changes don't seem to effect it.

The second problem is this weird bonding problem at the wheel house. I've included 2 separate models for this issue. Most succeed but look a bit worse at that stage while others like the 2nd fail. Its always at this point too.

Third is this really faint indent the runs in a diagonal S shape from the bow hole to the bottom. It almost some sort of mechanical error in the tracking but i cannot think of why that would go diagonally. Thought something like that would be in one direction.

For reference I'm using a Anet A2, Print temp is 190 for first and then 180. 1.5mm layer height and 35mm/s speed 25% speed for outside layers (I know its really slow, aiming to get the absolute best print quality and then speeding it up from there)

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Haven't even read the post yet, only seen your avatar and post count. Welcome to the forums you creepy bastard.

Now to your post.

No. Wait.

That poor child in the background. WTH man.

ok, now your post.

What material are you using?

Warping on the bottom corners: Try using glue stick (I'm seriously adding that to my signature). what adhesive are you using? Also, sharp corners, IME, tend to warp a bit, try rounding your corners if you can.

First pic, can't tell what I'm looking at.

Second/Third pic, It looks like the material hasn't cooled enough before the head comes back around for the next layer. Other's more familiar with altering gcode settings will have a better answer, but I'd trying slowing the head down some, letting the material cool. Worst case make it print a border all the way up the print, so the printer will have something more to do. I use that technique for long spindly things that get gooey near the top. The head prints the layer, then has to run around the border before it can lay down the next layer on the prin itself. The border is separate from the print. Like an unconnected brim that goes the full height.

4th pic, again, really can't tell. Seems you got some grease on your camera lens.

Technologist
    First pic:
    - seems like a consistent deviation in axis (Y or X). Check the axis movement for small bumps.

Second and third pic:
    - I saw similar problems when printing PLA with clone E3Dv6 hotend; small areas with too long retractions caused partial jamming of the filament and the results were quite similar. Try lowering retraction length or even disabling retractions completely, at least for testing. PLA is particularly troublesome because of the low melting temp and can cause problems with filament sticking in the hotend.

Fourth pic:
    - Z wobble? Might be related to the first pic...

Have to look into that. I think you might be onto something with the retraction tho, I do have it set pretty high 6.5mm and 60mm/s