Close

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    no bracket. I used t slot nuts and screwed the drag chain directly to the aluminum extrusion frame and then I used zip ties to attach the other end to one of the spring bolts that holds the bed. And made sure that ther was enough slack that the electrical connector on the heatbed never flexed as the y axis went its full travel in each direction.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Updated the firmware on the touchscreen so it matches the other machines in my home..

If anybody that sees this has an mks tft32, I got the firmware for the touchscreen here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...VBPcC1NYUxZd1U

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So the extruder that comes with the black widow sucks just because it requires taking a tool to 3 allen screws to change filament and adjust tension. Also my bltouch mount for this printer is a bad design..

there is not enough room to move the bracket up enough to run the correct hardware with springs for fine adjustments and it is near impossible to make fine adjustments with the one large bolt holding the bracket to the gantry. This makes me use my other printers more. And so I can not leave this alone. There is no room to go up here and the extruder that came with the black widow is so heavy anyways that I just think this whole machine would benefit from a lighter extruder. I already have a titan on Printalicious and am very happy with it so here I am going to go one step further and lighter and I have ordered a titan aero. I even found a really awesome mount for it: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2243824
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 09-02-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here is the new titan aero extruder mount all printed out and ready to go..

Now we are just waiting on shipping.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh happy day. It arrived before the storm..

Now I have something to do while Irma blows by.

Technician
    How did it come out? I assume power is back by now unless maybe you are on Sanibel or somesuch.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Yes the power is and has been back on. I am a little discouraged at the loss of the pc that had all the firmwares for all my printers and everything on it. It was on when the transformers outside were frying and it is the only thing in my home that didn't come back on. It is a small speed bump and nothing major in the scheme of things. After I retrieve the data off the hard drive I will make sure I keep it on multiple pc's so I never see this day again. In the meantime, I have received my 400x250x3mm borosilicate glass and now I just need to find, buy, or make some type of clips or way to attach the glass to the heatbed.

Fear not I will be creative. I got the titan aero installed with the layer fan and bltouch..

And I got a set of tmc2208 drivers installed..

The last piece I am waiting on is a micro swiss low friction plated nozzle. Once it arrives hopefully in the next few days and once I get my firmware situation sorted out and design some glass clips this machine will be back up and printing. very quietly.

Technician
    Very nice. Too bad about the PC but if that's the worst you got you are lucky. I grew up in FL and lived in NOLA for awhile and have been there done that. No fun. Maybe the PC power supply took a hit which would be an easy fix.... or more likely the mobo which is more of a PITA.

What the heck is a drag chain?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have been building and fixing pc's longer than cars. I wouldn't be crying over a lost pc if all I needed was another power supply. The motherboard has failed. when the pc is plugged in it automatically turns on for a few seconds with no display then shuts off and is unresponsive to the power button. I have diagnosed this so many times I just identify with the symptoms. But I did the footwork. you know, I unplugged all the ancillary devices like hdd's, optical, card readers, even ram and then cpu and all fans until it was just the mobo and power supply and it still turns itself on and then off.

It just sucks because this specific motherboard is or was a legend. The last motherboard NVidia made for an amd cpu. MSI built nforce 980a - g65. It was a revamped 780a chipset and instead of the traditional southbridge chipset this beast had a gf200chipset that plumbed all 16 lanes of all 3 pci-e sockets so when you use this motherboard in sli 2 or 3 way all cards get to keep x16 instead of every other motherboard dropping to x8 for sli because of limitations at the southbridge chipset. But it is old now anyways. So no big loss. I guess.

Drag chains are a better way of cable management. look at what the moving wires are inside of between the print head or heat bed and frame on any of the pictures in this thread

Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast