Close

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So I decided I want to stability test my latest rework. Who cares if I can print a benchy or an iris box. I need to see if I can print for days. Am I that stable? So I found a need. Which is more space on my toolbox at work. And I designed a shelf. A big triangle that will sit on the lip on the edge of my box and give me 300mm of more space. 300x300mm, btw. So the triangle's dimensions are 300x200x300. Sliced with a 0.3mm layer height and just 20% infill this is a 100 hour print. I took this picture at the very start and just wanted to point out the importance of sticking that first layer..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am currently just past half way done with this print. 53 hours in without a single hiccup.. That is except for filament. This print is using an insane amount of filament. So far I have paused print to change spools 3 times or my part is 4 color, so far.. But look at the wall of this print. I am so happy with how this machine is performing right now. Stepper motors are warm and cool. Nothing getting hot even this far in..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well this print got this far before failure..

There is no feeling bad about the failure as it is a simple calibration issue. I have the tmc 2209 drivers running in uart and the current on x,y, and z was set to 1000 which might be good or a lot for a single stepper but I have 2 on each axis. My stepper motors stayed cold for the days of printing and after the print got so heavy Y skipped steps when I paused the print to change filament. But this print made it 72 hours before failure..

I am printing another piece and am over 30 hours into this print passing the 100 hour mark of print time on my new rework. No problems so far, but still calibrating. And Extremely happy so far..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh it hurts. But it is what it is. So this printer prints awesome. I still have some dialing in to do but it has become clear to me at this time that I can not connect a tft AND the MMU2S at the same time. This has pushed me to find another mainboard with at least 2 sets of rx and tx pins. I have found that here: https://www.biqu.equipment/collectio...rts-for-i3-mk3 . So I have ordered it and when it arrives I must rework this printer yet again to accept this board so I can move forward with the multi material stuff. No worries on wasted parts, though. This SKR 1.4 Turbo board will go to Printalicious, the printer that made all the parts for this rework and also for the blue geeetech i3 rework. Printalicious will also receive a mag flexible bed.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I wish the mainboards I ordered from China back in March would hurry up and get here so I can move forward with getting some multi colored prints
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 06-13-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I think i figured out a way to connect the MMU2S with what i have. The TFT35 v3.0 has dual modes. It can be a touchscreen and connect via the tft connection on the mainboard but it can also be a lcd12864 and connect to the exp1 and exp2 connectors on the mainboard. I think if I wire this in and use this mode for the screen I can use the tft connection on the mainboard and get that MMU2S up and running finally. So I bought some ribbon and some ends and made some cables..

I am so excited to finally get to use the MMU2S. I have had it for so long now. Anyways, hopefully I will be posting up a multi material print soon. Making my own ribbon was the way to go. Nothing fits like cut to length..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I was checking the display and making sure it worked so I started a print and made sure the heaters started heating and I cancelled the print. This is the home screen of the lcd12864..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so the mumu has it's own board with screen outputs ?
    That's useful.

Yeah saw those 2-in-1 screens and ended up with the touchscreen only as it's just for my cheapo prusa clone.

had no idea they could be used on 2 different machines at the same time.
    useful !

Who cares if I can print a benchy or an iris box.
    Lol so still no working iris box ? To be fair that's pretty much 100% down to how clean your retractions are.
    ANY webbing and it will weld.
    And yes it's important if you ever do multiple models at the same time.

In fact I reckon lean retractions are probably the single most important thing to get.
    Hell I even have them on my click-n-print with flexible filaments. Love being able to print multiple flexible parts with zero spider webs.

What on earth was the giant multi coloured wedge for ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-17-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast