Close

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well good. I gotta get back to wasting filament. Right now the 2 tone color of this engine stand is buggin' the hell out of me. So i am drawing up and printing out covers to go over the aluminum so the whole engine stand is one solid color. Glow in the dark yellow. It is likely going to be some time before this engine gets finished at the rate i am progressing through this.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    when it's done you could take it into the shop and offer people an upgrade: smaller more efficient engine :-)
    runs on cornstarch lol

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh Happy Day! I love to create and build and I really do get to express myself when I work on my cartesian robots. Of the 4 printers I own this Black Widow is the largest build volume and also the only aluminum extrusion frame I have making this my favorite. printing out and assembling someone else's design is cool and I will finish the LS3 motor. But it is a test of my skills in printer building. I do not work to create that. I follow instructions. The exciting part of 3d printing for me is building, reworking, and tweeking the machines. That's what grinds my gears. And it is time to rebuild my Black Widow.The parts going into my Widow include a few more 0.9 degree nema17 stepper motors to complete my vision of no idler pulleys and 2 motors for each axis. Also I am upgrading to the SKR 1.3 board and will configure and run marlin 2.0. I have a full compliment of linear rails and guides coming for all axes as once this is done I plan on ramping up the print speeds a bit. I have a genuine Prusa mmu 2.0 upgrade kit I will be installing on my BW. I am upgrading from a 3.2" touchscreen to a 3.5". I am also turning my be sideways so I will get the full 400x250 for x and y. I am mounting the control box down low on the frame for more ballast weight for them higher print speeds. And I plan on removing the top cross brace from the frame so my printer has just two towers that go up for the Z. Can you see what I'm seeing here? If not it's ok. Pictures are coming.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The MMU2 S kit I ordered directly from Prusa research. There are knockoffs that can be had for cheaper and if you print your own real cheap. I want this to work the first time out so I ordered the black mmu2s kit from here: https://www.prusa3d.com/original-pru...-material-2-0/ The new control board I got from here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SKR-V1-3-3D...OSwnYdc8brgAnd I got the new 3.5" touchscreen right here: https://www.amazon.com/BIGTREETECH-D.../dp/B07W1PB11F The parts can not get here soon enough. And I have a bunch of these linear rods coming: https://www.ebay.com/itm/MGN12H-Line...JpFCs_vpdMhKWQ

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well I am not waiting for parts to get started. I have already tore down the printer and will work on printed parts to mount electronics to the frame until the parts come in..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ok so here is the basic new shape of what is about to be my huge 5 color printer..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The above picture is of the backside. I am turning the bed sideways so i can get the full 400x250 dimensions out of x and y. And Z will be over 300mm. With such a big print envelope i am concerned about the length of ptfe tube i will have to use with my mmu2s upgrade. So i have removed the top brace of the printer and plan to hang the mmu2s unit right off the gantry so it will go up and down with Z and i can run a shorter PTFE tube. Or that is the plan and the hope on this side of getting parts, anyways.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The MeanWell 600watt 24v power supply is mounted to the frame. The bottom mount took 10.5hrs to print and the top piece took just under 8 hours. Each part took 15-20minutes to draw up in autodesk 123d design. I still have an incredible way to go. I am just getting started.I am very happy with how the power supply mount has come out..The specific power supply I have has some weight to it and the way I mounted it adds to the stability of the Z towers. This is a focal point of my conversion here as I am removing the top brace altogether. But so far it seems pretty solid indeed..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am deleting the top crossmember from the printer's frame so it is crucial that I make the structure as rigid as possible. To that end i have stood the heavy Meanwell 600 se 24 power supply up and attached it to one of the Z towers at the top and bottom and now i am connecting that to the rear of the center extrusion for the Y axis..

This gives this frame incredible rigidity. The weight of the power supply helps add stability here..

And designing your own parts means never having to look for a crayon, marker, or Dremel. For we can just design our name into our part. AutoWiz is 5mm deep in this brace..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well the MMU2S upgrade kit came in the mail from Prusa Research today..

So I have to get the MMU2S together before I go too much farther on the frame. I need a bigger workbench.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast