Close

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Knew it was familiar !
    it looks like one of the leaping beasts in one of the metroid games :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So my first impressions of the SKR 1.3 mainboard are that it is incredibly cheap. I am very unimpressed with the lack of LEDs on the mainboard. The MKS boards all had them and I think even the GT2560 board that came with my cheap ebay GEEETech printer had LEDs onboard. And at the beginning of my 3 color mixing printer thread we can all see the leds on the mainboard I had with the 6 stepper drivers. No LEDs mean no conformation of when it powers on or off or when it starts or stops being written to or if it is even actually being written to. I would really like to have these visual confirmations because I have to use new software I am not used to.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quick amendment to my last post, there is a power LED on the mainboard. The 5v power requirements of the MMU2S and the extra stepper driver expansion boards are overcoming the 5v supply and pulling it down. I will now try to supply 5v from a usb charger or something and report back on that success. In the meantime here is my machine all powered up less the MMU..

so go print something !
    :-)
    let's see what you can do quality wise at 150mm's and 0.4 layer height - basically what I use for rough prints on my £200 delta.
    Mind you I do use a 0.5mm nozzle.
    So I'll accept 150 and 0.3 layer height on a 0.4 :-)

let's face it, ANY machine can do quality at low speeds and thin layers. Where it's at, is the larger layers and faster speeds.

And - obviously get the mumu working :-)

Give me a model and we can have a print off ! :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    IF and when all this goes well when I upgrade my extruder to the bondtech so I can have a filament sensor for the mmu at that time I will also install a volcano and a .5 or .6mm nozzle. I am totally with you on larger prints coming out decent and in a decent amount of time. In the meantime I have to figure out this new marlin that does not use the Arduino environment. I am all for a print off with you CA. But on this machine. My others all have this problem with artifacts or ghosting in the prints. They come out great dimensionally accurate and stuff. They fit and work great as specific parts I design and print. But if you look at one of my prints for too long I swear it will give you vertigo. That is why I had to stop the LS3 engine I was printing. I cant stand the ringing/ghosting/artifacts, or whatever it is that makes my prints look the way they do. This machine with these high quality parts should correct this. I hope.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hey CA buddy, do you have any experience with the duet boards? I am now mulling the duet 3. It is just coming out and will be available for regular order on Novemebr 28th. I will buy one and upgrade a.s.a.p. if only i know i can program it. Is it the same as working with the SKR 1.3? or totally different software?

not a clue. Those thigs are way too rich for my blood.
    I've met the people behind duet on several occasions. Very helpful, good people.
    So best to just ask them :-)

holy crap its £222 !
    That's bloody ridiculous.
    I don't care how good it is, that's sheer daylight robbery !
    No wonder they're helpful :-)

I think I once spent just over £100 on a motherboard for a clients gaming pc (£500 on graphics cards) - but never before or since.

What justifies that kind of money ?

More importantly, has brian printed anything yet ???????

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have a gaming PC i built for myself that i spent just over $4k building. The Mainboard for that was 4 bills. Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi. But that machine is absolutely radical. I used 3d printing to help make it. I spent over a grand just building the water cooling system. The fully modded D5 pump that can build up to 53psi cost $200 on it's own. I was empowered by monies made off of crypto currencies. I built that right here: https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...-machine.7445/

Technologist
    I have 2 Duet boards, Duet2Wifi and Duet Maestro. Both use RepRapFirmware https://github.com/dc42/RepRapFirmware and I don't think Marlin is available for them. But the hw is very good quality. Also Duet is very flexible in sw since everything is configured with gcode and macros so no need to compile fw.
    There is some discussion about MMU2 with Duet boards here: https://forum.duet3d.com/topic/6155/...-s-mmu-v2-duet and it seems someone has got MMU2 working, at least somewhat (did not read all of the thread...).

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    I have a gaming PC i built for myself that i spent just over $4k building. The Mainboard for that was 4 bills. Asus Maximus X Hero Wifi. But that machine is absolutely radical. I used 3d printing to help make it. I spent over a grand just building the water cooling system. The fully modded D5 pump that can build up to 53psi cost $200 on it's own. I was empowered by monies made off of crypto currencies. I built that right here: https://www.superchargerforums.com/t...-machine.7445/
    I think we've already established you're not normal where tghis kind of thing is concerned :-)
    I'm pretty sure i could build something at least as fast for half the money.
    pc's are all about balance - just throwing money at them, is not the way to go :-)

It is very pretty lol
    what processor and drives did you go for ?

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast