Close

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I was really not happy with the motor and idler mounts. They looked real big and blocky. I am now on the third version of them. I at least like these better even though they might not be the final parts used..

I am close. Now I just have to make the mounts for the cable chains on the rear of each extruder and get this bad boy wired up. And hopefully between now and then I will find some type of info on setting this up in Marlin.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am down to just getting these cable chains connected. Instead of one I will now need two. One will be on top of the other. Then we can focus on setting up a clean electrical system. Almost there..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well OK we can cross IDEX cable chains off the list. They came out great and I am very pleased with them..

One last thing I need to do before wiring is I need to get end stops mounted for both extruders. I have a cool idea for end stops..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    For the endstops it is important to me that they are the same part. Same sensor for both X and Y and only the Z probe should be a different sensor. And I am able to create this because I saved the original Z endstop from the Tevo Black widow. I never used this sensor. It is brand new. But it is the same as X and Y. So I have 3 matched sensors. Y is attached to the extrusion under the bed and reads a bolt sticking down from the bed carriage. Both X sensors are going to read the back side of the extruder stepper motors. My IDEX will be all touchless homing.. Now we just gotta get this all wired u,..... wait. I need 2x filament spool and smart filament sensor mounts still. And then we can wire it up. And then we can work on getting Marlin setup for this. We are getting there.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    cool a diy ideax.

So how does the board know where the two extrduers are at any given moment ?
    So they don't crash into each other ?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ya. This printer always should have been an IDEX. I think you made a comment on that subject a while back, CA. I have been posting in F.B. groups hoping to find others with a Marlin running IDEX in hopes of finding that easy button but so far no joy. I will cross that bridge when I get there. I have a min and max endstop for X so one extruder will home to the min and the other will home to the max. And I think one should home before the other moves but ATM I just think. I am also trying to run 2 smart filament sensors so there is gonna be a curve to getting all this programmed. I am almost there. The spool mounts are drawn up one is printed out and the mirrored version is printing now. Then we gotta mount the smart sensors and wire it all up. So close.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Because I am using the smart filament sensors I have to run a ptfe tube from the sensor to the DD extruder. This is not a bad thing as it allows me to mount the filament spools down low where they are as easy to get to as humanly possible..

Speaking of which I still have to mount those two filament sensors before I start running wires. brb

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well there is one more thing that I am now thinking about. I want to put some kind of light on this printer. This rig has been dark since the last Multi Widow rework. And then we can wire. But here is everything else with the smart filament sensors in place..

Now where to put some lights...

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Christmas tree lights would be cool - with all the effects :-)

It's a smart looking beast and no mistake !

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Buddy I like the way you think. I'm gonna do it..

I wonder if it will let me change the color when the print starts or ends? That would be cool, no?

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast