Close

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well it doesn't work. It looks great. It looks like it should work. But i am printing on bare glass and i think i might have the first layer too hot or the nozzle too close to the bed. The bottom of the print has lost those features i need to cut and it is just a smooth bottom surface, lol. I tried to cut anyways but it didnt work. I will take and post pictures tonight after work and start re printing with some changes to z offset and / or first layer temp.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah had that :-)

As I said, never print another benchy - print an iris box :-) O8nly a well dialled in machine with eevrything working properly will succeed. Particularly good for retraction testing.
    And if it works, you have a really useful box with built in lid.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am printing my third one now. I broke the second one apart so as to understand why it was sticking and sure enough the blades down towards the bottom are fusing to the inside shell. So i have dropped the temp from 205 to 200 to 195 andi will try 190 after this. I cant wait to try this same print with the other printer i am reworking. That blue thing is gonna have a 0.25mm nozzle. .15mm finer tip on the pencil drawing my picture. I am gonna get this to print and work on both of these machines.

The other test print I do if I want to really push a machine is a print in place fidget cube :-)
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1752508

With my monoprice mini delta, I put a 0.25mm nozzle on and made one of these really tiny - 10mm on a side when in the 'cube' configuration.

I will admit to adjusting the internal gaps between surfaces a little bit. 0.1mm works well.

The thing is a benchy has no moving parts - so is not a good PRACTICAL test of a printer.
    An iris box and print-in-place fidget cube on the other hand, will only work with a printer that has every aspect, dialled in properly :-) Including the filament. A filament that won't retract without leaving blobs - won't work with either print.
    And when they work they are useful to have and good to give away :-)

If you can print a working version of either - you can print ANYTHING !

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So I have my 5 wall mount spool holders I designed all printed out, I bought a piece of spruce pine fir with glued edges because it advertised itself as being perfect for diy and projects. I mounted my re worked filament buffer and 5 spools to the backboard and now I just have to hang this on the wall and connect it to the MMU2S..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I just have to setup the ptfe tubes, make changes to marlin and say some prayers. Maybe this weekend we will get our first multi material print out of this beast. I am really happy with the way all this has come out..

looks great :-)
    Love the design !

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So i got my new TMC5160 stepper drivers. These are the v1.2. And they handle a lot of load vs. all the other stepper drivers out there. So i am now thinking about removing the stepper driver expansion boards and just using these y connectors for x and y. This should allow for a cleaner look and be more efficient..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well now things look a little more tame. Just 4 stepper drivers and no expansion boards. With the SKR boards no wires are needed for SPI configurations. And the 5160's don't even have a pot on them to adjust. The plug that is not connected is to the MMU2S. I hope to connect it this weekend at some point. I just gotta get through all this other stuff first..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have found less than success with the tmc5160 drivers and honestly I don't need 4a support anyways. So I now have installed 4 tmc2209 drivers and I am gonna play with UART. I am so happy with how the SKR 1.4 turbo does the uart without any external wires. This is one of the cleaner UART setups..

Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast