Close

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    wow that board's a big sucker !
    Good price though.
    That's longer than the mini itx boards I tend to use for workshop projects.
    You can usually pick up a board, intel core I3 cpu and 2-4gb ram for £30
    Throw in a small psu and cheap ssd and you've got a nice cheap multipurpose compact computer.

here's a question - I keep seeing klipper mentioned and sounds good,. But It always seems to be in coop with octoprint.
    I have no interest in running a r-pi board for the printers.
    So is klipper a proper standalone firmware - or just something that has to talk to a pi board ?

only 10% infill ?
    wow looked a lot denser than that.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Tracking shows the first Octopus v1.1 I ordered is inside the country so I should have it soon. In the runup to getting this board I wanted to get my BTT UPS up and going. It is a bank of capacitors that stores a little charge and gives the printer just enough time to lift Z so we don't burn and melt the print and can resume after power loss. Unfortunately what I am learning in practice is that now when I shut off the power switch the power very slowly leaves the printer as the capacitors drain. So my power switch now needs to become a DPST switch that can cut the 120v line and also the +24v wire from the capacitor bank. The annoyance of what it is to power cycle my printer now is absolutely unbearable. So it is time for changes. Here is my busy electrical center..

Would I really zip tie a circuit board to a power cord? Why not? I mean they do rhyme don't they?

And here we are back down to the tray. Those standoffs are gonna be incompatible for the Octopus. I am just not sure if I am gonna make an adaptor or remake the whole tray..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Still waiting on the Octopus to arrive but the dimensions are posted on the website I bought the board from and So I was able to make the new mainboard tray based off of that..

The top is the old tray. The bottom left was supposed to be the replacement but I am really not happy with the translucent red I got. It does not match the rest of the parts I printed for this rig so I reprinted it in black and that is what I will use. The mainboard should be here in today's mail or tomorrow.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well the board is big for sure. But dammit does this look so much better. Just a clean look. This is my new board. 180mhz and all the bells and whistles. All of them. This is the board that will be in the TronXY and that board will be arriving in a few days. But for now I got some more wiring to do. I am very pleased with my mount design so far also..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Curse this mania. Ya know. I just wanted to wire in a new mainboard and get back to printing out them legs for the CoreXY which is the printer I am trying to be building on right now. But I have this octopus going in and I only want to wire it up once and I am gonna now have enough stepper drivers for it and I ordered a second smart filament sensor for the CoreXY I haven't used yet and I have an extra Bondtech BMG extruder and I think I'm going to convert Big Red to be an IDEX. There is so much room for it with the bed turned sideways like it is. Mission creep has set in again..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well alright so the actual conversion is gonna be painfully simple I think. I made some new motor mount brackets for X. Gonna move one motor up a bit and put a long bolt through the bracket for the idler. Here is the motor mount I drew up for one side..The other side will look similar but 4 bolt holes will be in a different location.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well alright. So here is one of the new X motor mounts..

Now we just gotta make the other side upside down from that, get some idler pulleys on the studs and get on to drawing up some carriages for them BMG extruders.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well alright. So now we just need to make them carriages and attach them belts..

Oh I also moved the power switch up to the front of the rig just above the touchscreen. It used to be in the back with the power receptacle and it was always a thing to reach around and under the bed to turn the power on and off. Now that is fixed as well.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    First carriage is done and I am happy with it. This will be the main carriage with the BLtouch..

These carriages have to be narrow enough to not limit or restrict the size of my X axis. I think I am good with this design and the other side will look very much like it less the BLtouch..

I do not think I will such an awesome fan for the other side. And to be honest this fan was supposed to be for my LGX extruder going in the TronXY. But I really like it and I will hunt down another fan and shroud for the TronXY later..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    And here is my asymmetrical IDEX. On the left is a Mosquito with BMG-M extruder and on the right is a generic v6 heatsink with E3D heater block and temp cartridge and a regular BMG extruder. Both have genuine E3D 0.9 degree pancake stepper motors that came out of genuine Titan extruders I bought in projects past. I still have to make some pieces to bolt the cable chains to and get the belts installed and then get it all wired and programmed so I am not done by any means but I have 2 extruders on one gantry and that is progress..

And I did not design the mount for the fans on the v6 heatsink. I used the easy button and took to Thingiverse and searched for something that fit my needs. I was impressed with and used this design for that. It saved me time and is a really good design and I got it right here:

Thing files for v6 Hotend Fan Shroud and 5015 + 40 Fang Combo by JamesK1 - Thingiverse

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast