Close

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

370mm X 250mm X 300mm

Upon seeing this I immediately made my purchase. I will report back here when it arrives how it was unboxing and first impressions. It is called the Tevo Black Widow. It was under $600 with auto bed leveling. Here is a link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tevo-Bla...AAAOSwnHZYZV6M
    Oh I can't wait to get this thing. It ships from the USA. I will take pictures of the unboxing

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    It's been shipped. I have tracking. It just has to make its way from the west coast over here to the east coast of the USA and we can start making really big stuff. Here is what it should look like..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ya well I cant wait for the printer to arrive and be built and then print some stuff out before I can begin the upgrading process. I think at this point we should all know me by now. So this comes with a mks base 1.4 controller and 12864 full graphic display. I have en route a mks base 1.5 controller with mks tft32 full color touchscreen. And I have found and printed the parts needed already from thingiverse to make this be a direct fit to the new printer.... when it arrives.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2096501

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The printer still isn't here but as I am looking at all the features of the control solution I plan on applying to this I notice a header on the mks base control board labeled wifi. This got me to searching and I found and ordered this..

So this printer will have a touchscreen and wifi upon its initial setup. Also I ordered the printer with the bl touch for auto leveling, but I have a few proximity sensors left over from a 5 pack I purchased for the other 2 printers. So I might setup a proximity sensor instead of the touch. Either way this is gonna be a build thread just as soon as the printer(and parts) gets here.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 03-07-2017 at 07:15 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here are the printed parts to make the touchscreen fit correctly..

And I am half way through building the filament holder..

Thank you thingiverse! Now if only this printer and these parts could make haste in getting here.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    I'll follow this thread . Sounds like too good of deal, don't go spending too much before it gets there.

Student
    If you haven't already, join the Black Widow group on facebook. Lots of good advice on setting up the printer and the group has developed an extremely good 'community guide' to walk you through potential issues with the printer.

The biggest issue with this printer seems to be consistent quality and that is where the community guide comes in.

I've got my BW together, but have not printed yet. I hope to get the extruder calibrated and finally do some printing this weekend.

FYI, despite quality issues, Tevo stands behind its printer and will replace defective parts. It just takes a while because everything warranty related comes via slow boat from China.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    I'll follow this thread . Sounds like too good of deal, don't go spending too much before it gets there.
    Ya i'm gonna wait on the 0.9 degree stepper motors and .2mm nozzle. The resolution jump will come a little down the road. like in a few weeks or so.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by fredk View Post
    If you haven't already, join the Black Widow group on facebook. Lots of good advice on setting up the printer and the group has developed an extremely good 'community guide' to walk you through potential issues with the printer.

The biggest issue with this printer seems to be consistent quality and that is where the community guide comes in.

I've got my BW together, but have not printed yet. I hope to get the extruder calibrated and finally do some printing this weekend.

FYI, despite quality issues, Tevo stands behind its printer and will replace defective parts. It just takes a while because everything warranty related comes via slow boat from China.
    Done. And Thank You. I now belong to a group. I hope to see some new ideas there.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The filament holder finished printing..

I am absolutely glowing over the quality of these prints. I worked so hard to create the machine churning out these parts. From scratch. I have detailed it's building and evolution here:
    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=270130
    and here:
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...Mixing-Printer
    I am just so happy with what I ended up with.

I understand this machine comes without any feet on it. So I found this on thingiverse:
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1732461/#files
    It is a base stabilizer but it will serve as feet and will pick the aluminum structure up off the table. I have already started printing the first piece of 5..

Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast