Close

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well it sucks the weekend is over and I have to go back to work tomorrow. But we are starting to look like a printer again..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have finally got the tops of the towers situated and figured out. One thought that I have struggled with is the weight I am adding to the gantry and the fact that i replaced the lower metal frame ends with printed plastic parts. I am or was afraid that the weight of the gantry might crush the plastic and change z height on 1 or both sides. Here is the lower bearing and mount I am talking about..

So I have the metal upper plates flipped upside down so the bearing goes in from the top and I have the collet on top of that so the top of the frame is what is supporting the weight of the gantry. In raw form here is what that looks like..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So i made some pieces to cover the metal plate so there is just one shade of red on my printer. The only exposed piece of the metal plate is the stop for the gantry so it doesn't climb up and out of the printer..

And here are the tops completed and together hopefully for the last time..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here is the backside of my printer.. I need to create some type of mount for the SKR 1.3 board, the mosfet, the 2 stepper driver expansion boards the tft35 v3.0 screen and the buck lm2596 step down converter. And it all has to look clean.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So I had to do some backtracking. The parts I made to attach the gantry to the linear rails on Z were insufficient and would just slide up and down and off of the metal plates they were supposed to be holding. So I have redesigned these parts. each took just shy of 7 hours to print and the machine uses 4. But that is all behind me now and my machine is really starting to look the part..And from the back..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am gonna get a delta CA. When this is done I am gonna get a Tevo Little Monster and rework it to be a 3 color mixing printer with the diamond hotend. And I will have 2 completely different ways of chasing large color prints. I just gotta get through all this first.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So today i have the belts on and adjusted and i have the extruder mounted. From here i plan to move the drag chain from on top of the gantry to underneath the gantry. This is because the Prusa MMU2S unit now sits where the drag chain used to be. And it will look cleaner anyways to bring the wires down and under the gantry..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So I have been busy with reworking my printer albeit with a gross lack of design skillz. But here is my progress anyways..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Since I am now going to be running a 32 bit controller I am going to swap the drivers for X, Y, and E with LV8729 and chase the 1/128 microstepping. I am going to leave Z with the TMC2208 for now.

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast