Close

3D Printer for work, under £10,000

Hi,

I have started a new job as Industrial Designer, and the company I work for have a Hueway 512 http://hueway3d.com/512.aspx

I have been asked to research a new 3D Printer, which will be used to test Injection Moulding ideas.

A few years ago, I was very interested in the Objet Prime for this.

However, I am unsure as to how the market has changed, and the company has budget for up to £10,000 I am told.

The company uses SolidWorks, however, I am also looking to learn how to use Cura, and I would also like to know the best places to learn to use Cura software. Particularly, as I will need to create a custom configuration for the Hueway 512

Can anyone advise where to start looking for a £10,000 or less reliable machine with ability to print injection mouldings?

Kind regards,
    John

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    PM sent to you.

Student
    Follow Fusion3 3D Printers On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyronix View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone advise where to start looking for a £10,000 or less reliable machine with ability to print injection mouldings?

Kind regards,
    John
    I believe our Fusion3 F400-S meets your needs quite well (fast, large build area, durable and many, many materials to print) and $4499 USD. Shipping to the UK is between $450 USD and $1000 USD depending on location and if you'd like to save money to pick it up at the airport yourself.

Please PM me or visit our website for more information (www.fusion3design.com)

Technician
    Does the Fusion3 F400-S include the Fusion software with it?

Our UK team would be happy to talk to you about pros/cons of Objet 30 Prime or other Stratasys polyjet models, if it's of interest.

Student
    Follow Fusion3 3D Printers On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Does the Fusion3 F400-S include the Fusion software with it?
    Sorry, no. You'll have to bring your own preferred CAD program for the design portion. We do bundle Simplify3D (slicer software) + multitude of pre-set material settings with our 3D printers.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if you can get a polyjet for under £10,000 I'd be surprised.

Also do the materials support to a high enough temperature for injection moulding ?

Your best bet is most likely a hyrel with hi-temp extruder and look at printing with something like PEEK.

So you'll need both a heated enclosure and an all metal hi temperature extruder.

The new fusion looks like a major improvement over the original fusion printer. Worth a look.
    There are a number of uk companies selling machines - so worth talking to them first.

Oh - almost forgot, my absolutely favourite machine from last years tct show - leapfrog bolt !
    Has dual INDEPENDANT extruders. So you can print two things at once, or copies, or use soluble supports etc. Plus has hi-temp option up to 360c, is fully enclosed and looks amazing :-)
    https://www.lpfrg.com/en/bolt/
    Get that !

That said the hyrel also has multiple extruder options. Not independant (yet) - but you can have at least 4 heads running at the same time.

But if i had the money, I'd get the Bolt. Just fell in love with that machine.
    Alas davo and hyrel have yet to make it to a uk exhibition, so i haven't had the chance to hug a Hyrel yet lol

These guys have one of the biggest printer stocks in the uk: https://www.technologyoutlet.co.uk/
    They also sell leapfrog machines, so could possibly save on import tax etc.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 05-03-2017 at 10:43 AM.