Close

Does anyone know anything about the Tevo Turantula i3 Prusa clones?

*edit* Looks like I will be changing to looking at the model in post #3, lack of heated on the CBot is my reasoning.

They seem cool and several upgrades available.

I've heard good things about this vendor but curious about this particular product. Looks like good bang for buck.

Also this would be my first printer.

https://www.3dprinterkart.com/Produc...es%20/MTc1/USD
    Last edited by Gilligan8; 02-28-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Do not know anything about the company but the price seems very cheap? My only concern is they offer no heated build plate option and finding a heater for that size might be difficult? Without it, yo are limiting your choice of filaments you can print with?

Hmm... You are right... They cleverly said "heated support" and I misread that.

Maybe it makes more sense to get this Tevo Turantula?

I guess the only thing is that only things I'm reading about are good... But it's all, ppl saying they've only HEARD good things about them. So it's 3rd hand information at best.

Specifically, I'm looking at this model:

https://www.3dprinterkart.com/Produc...0Gift/Mjc1/USD

I have found that printers with frames that are made of 80-20 aluminum can become "loose" after a while. If you have a lot of long prints, you would be surprised how much zig-zag motion that transmit to the frame. This is why I avoid Plexiglass frames and metal frames that are bolted together. I have built a lot of Prusa i3s and the solid frames always work out well for us. We use three of them all the time in our "printer farm".

Student

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    I have found that printers with frames that are made of 80-20 aluminum can become "loose" after a while...
    Manufacturers have been using bolted together equipment in high vibration environments for a long time, so that problem has been solved. You just need to use a thread locking compound.

Been building competition robots for almost twenty years with that stuff and printers for half that long.

The printer comes with Heated Bed and it has got heck of a features thats more interesting .

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    The printer comes with Heated Bed and it has got heck of a features thats more interesting .
    Exactly... from what I've seen it's pretty decent. Obviously it isn't without it's flaws... it's $200 bucks!

But it has a huge user group on FB and even has the Tevo guys posting on there.