Close

Hybrid View

What to look for, as a first time buyer

Hello everyone !

I figure you get this asked quite a lot, so i hope i don't trigger anyone by asking this..

But I'm on the lookout for my first 3D Printer, and i honestly do not want to spend that many money on it . I was thinking about spending somewhere between 150 - 300 USD on one. The reason i do not want to spend anymore money on it now is simply because I'm not sure how much I'm going to use it, and then later buy a better one if i get the hang of it.

I just don't know what i should be looking for. I was thinking going for the Prusa style copies which i have found on Aliexpress. Like this one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...7-6bcb94db5a33

That printer just do not have a Aluminium frame which I've read is a good thing to have, so I'm not sure if its a no go. Another thing that kind of limits me on what to buy is that I need to buy from a seller that ships from within the EU to avoid taxes, which are ridiculous in Denmark where i come from.

Hope you can help me either with specific models to go for at that price range, or tell me what specifications i can look for in that price range.

And i know that in that price range I'm not going to get perfect prints, and i will be needing to do adjustments etc., but I'm prepared for that (the assembly part is something i like, since i might learn some basic things about 3D printing from it).

Student
    You can 3D printers like Tiko 3D Printer, XYZ Printing da Vinci Mini 3D Printer in your budget, but they have limited features.