Close

Australia based 3d printer (build/ design by themselves and seller)?

I am interested to buy a 3d printer from local Australia company due to cheaper price if compare to other well known international company. So I would like to ask do you know any local Australia company which they make 3d printer and sell it?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ssdm1988 View Post
    I am interested to buy a 3d printer from local Australia company due to cheaper price if compare to other well known international company. So I would like to ask do you know any local Australia company which they make 3d printer and sell it?
    Gday, I researched them for over a year before buying..

Just about all of them are just middle men selling direct to the buyer, ie you pay them and they ship it from China to you, and all the while tell you it is in stock.

Here is who NOT to buy your printer from 3dprintersuperstore.com.au

They are not Aussie (although they claim to be)

My printer arrived damaged (transit issue) as it turns out no - it didn't come from Melbourne like it was advertised, it came directly from China - he did nothing but place an email and order it with his nice price to my door. I could have got the same price from the supplier just by going to their website!

When you have a problem - they wont help you, instead forward all mails to whatever manufacturer you bought it off, I was just lucky in my case Flashforge is a great company and as it turns out apparently I'm not the only one these guys have pissed off. The people in china were responding faster than this guy - they basically are a bullcrap website middlemen.

Mate, my honest opinion being an Aussie also, and dealing with delivery from overseas etc, buy a flashforge.

www.ff3dp.com

Order it, it will get to your doorstep in under a week. Mine took 4 days from China m no joke. Half the price of a makerbot with twice the features (ie does ABS/PLA/Nylon etc)

Flashforge FTW!

(fanboy hat off now..)

Honestly I don't think there are any 3D printers being made and sold in Australia. I could be wrong but I haven't seen any yet. Maybe that's a business you should get into

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RepRapper View Post
    Honestly I don't think there are any 3D printers being made and sold in Australia. I could be wrong but I haven't seen any yet. Maybe that's a business you should get into
    already in the process

If Geoff gets his printer off the drawing board, he'll probably be the only Aussie manufacturer. I'd like to see his concept drawings.

There are a number of sources of plans for the family of RepRap printers. I've got a Prusa i3 version which I bought as a kit from the USA, but I'm now looking at designing one for myself. The problem is finding a reliable source for components. By reliable, I mean a company which gives back-up as well as good service. To throw in a plug for one such company, I have been dealing with BilbyCNC for replacement parts for my printer, and parts for the new build. Service is rapid and they actually use a ticket system to record your help enquiries.

Of course, you will pay for them for their time and expense for developing a parts inventory and setting up shop, but you will have a physical address for the shop, and the protection of Australian consumer laws.

If you want to purchase a printer off the shelf, they do stock a number of printers from different manufacturers.

Old Man Emu
    (I have no commercial involvement with BilbyCNC)

Student
    The only Australian made printer I know of is the r3dback by Deltasine, (I just created this account but I am not affiliated with them), not particularly cheap compared to other options though.

Edit: Although it seems that the AMAKER that's on kickstarter is sort of in Australia, "AMAKER3D currently has secured a facility in Singapore mainly for product research, development and engineering. In addition, our team in Australia focuses on marketing initiatives."
    Last edited by Brushless; 04-19-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Hi all,

Thanks for reply, but just 1 question. Do Deltasine have their own website? I cannot open this http://deltasine.com.au/shop/index.p...ory&path=25_29

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless View Post
    The only Australian made printer I know of is the r3dback by Deltasine, (I just created this account but I am not affiliated with them), not particularly cheap compared to other options though.

Edit: Although it seems that the AMAKER that's on kickstarter is sort of in Australia, "AMAKER3D currently has secured a facility in Singapore mainly for product research, development and engineering. In addition, our team in Australia focuses on marketing initiatives."

Student
    Yes that is their website, yeah I can't access it right now either. Not sure when it went down or when it'll be back up but I have accessed it before. Their current model the r3dback2 is a delta printer, with around a 200mm diameter by 350mm tall build volume and sells for around $3500AUD but don't quote me on that.