Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    This GEEETech i3 is all back together and up and running at 24v. The LM2596 step down converter don't lie(by more than 1/2 a volt)..

Here is the new titan aero clone extruder setup all powered up and ready to go..

I now have this same extruder and layer fan setup on all 3 of my printers. I can't say enough good things about this setup..

I also upgraded the belts on this machine to the gates fiberglass reinforced gt2 belts and swapped the smooth idler pulleys for toothed idler pulleys. Here is my GEEETech prusa i3 all together and ready to print again..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Today I have all of my machines back together and have got the printers calibrated enough to start with the test prints. I never wanted a 3d printer to print out busts or trinkets or figurines or stuff, For me it was always just another way to make a part. So I am not going to demonstrate what my printers can do with a test print from maker's muse or anything like that. For me the test print is going to be this airframe that comes with incredibly detailed build instructions: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1831295

To make things interesting for me I am running this test side by side with my other 2 printers. So I will have 3 different color airframes when I am done. Here ismy workbench with all 3 machines working on their own airframes..
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 08-26-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here is the rear center section of the craft being printed. This is the part that will house the EDF..Here are a few pictures of the EDF housing with the EDF cover..And here is my cheap ebay printer printing out the main body section..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Oh ya. I am building an Air Force..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Almost there..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The assembly line..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So all 6 jets are done. I reprinted some parts to try to make them 2 tone so i can tell which way is up when the craft is far away. I am extremely pleased with the performance of my printers thus far. Here is my Air Force..

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got any off the ground yet ?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    got any off the ground yet ?
    Still working on the electronics. As you know i am pretty good with electrical/electronic systems and This is where i plan to make up for the lack of actual flying experience. So to keep it cutting edge, I am using a quad or drone only controller. The controller i am using is generally not good for fixed wing aircraft because it does not support channel mixing (for ailerons and elevons) and it also does not have any support for trims. In fact the controllers i got looks very much like a game controller. Turnigy Evolution. I use these with a good flight stabilizer, the HobbyEagle A3super 3 V2. This works with the digital s.bus input that comes from the IA6C (drone only) reciever and gives me everything i need. Channel mixing, 5 out channels for servos and esc, and by nature the flight stabilizer assumes all trim functions. For me this selection was natural. First time out. With no experience and i bet i will maintain flight on my very first try. Just because i know how to setup and rely on the electronics. But for the moment, I am bench testing. And here is my makeshift testbench:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast