Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    presumably witha drone controller you could have the vr glasses as well :-)
    That could make you sick real quick lol

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    presumably witha drone controller you could have the vr glasses as well :-) That could make you sick real quick lol
    I have every intention of ending up with a high quality FPV setup. Sadly these craft I do not think will support the extra hardware. But there will be more after this. Aside from drones there are larger aircraft that will have more room for electronics. Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDppqGm-x0II might go after the p38 lightning with the retractable landing gear. That thing looks cool.

That is one super complicated extruder setup !
    Impressive looking :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well geez, I mean, it's only been 2 years since anyone posted in my thread here, but TY for the bump. It was a cool trip down memory lane to see the things I did in my early days with 3d printing. For any curious after all this time my preferred way to print is by SD card. it is still the easiest and most reliable way. However I have a handful of the biqu wifi modules to apply to my printers and see how all that goes. So maybe I will update this thread with that.

yeah, this time of year my workshop is cold ! Around 10-12c.

I could haeat it more, but that would cost a lot of money and the laser cutter likes the cold.

The older I get the wimpier I become. So at the moment I'm designing and slicing in the house - in th relative warm and only going into the workshop to run the prints.

Now I do have a spare smartphone that I could easily rig up as a network camera fairly easily to keep an eye on the printer being used.

I can also easily add a little g-code to the startup code, and maybe a brush to the edge of the bed to catch the dribble to make sure the initial dribble is wiped before print starts.
    So I just need an easy way to upload prints over the network.

If printing over usb was more reliable I could simply just use my workshop machine remotely.
    But windows 10 and long usb prints are a bad combination and often the usb connection resets and the print stops.
    So we'll avoid that route.

Have to look and see if there are wifi adaptors for the robin nano boards and actually how useful they are.

My mini delta has wifi - and it's totally bloody useless :-)
    You can upload the gcode file to the memory card. So don't want that again.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-MKS-R...kAAOSwS1pfvIaN
    well for £8 - might as well order one and see what happens :-)

Features:
    Auto search hotspot after power-on,connect hotspot directly by the screen.
    RepetierHost/pronterface remote control instead of usb.
    With "MKS Plugin"(developed by makerbase for cura),cura remote control and transfer files(100kb/s).
    PC or mobile phone's browser remote control and transfer files.(developing...)
    With "MKS CLOUD"APP (developed by makerbase), user can control and monitor 3d printer in other city.
    Looks promising. be a couple months getting here - or maybe a couple weeks.
    I did order some cheap usb bluetooth adaptors 22md october - that have yet to arrive, so you never really know how long things from china will take :-)
    Just checked and wednesday - 13th jan is the last day given for delivery of the bluetooth adaptors.
    So, hey time yet lol

But will be interesting to try it out.

Firmware already has wifi section, soooo it might even just plug and play.
    Now stop laughing, it 'could' happen ;-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-11-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by halenrauch View Post
    That is one super complicated extruder setup !
    Impressive looking :-)
    You should see my 3 color mixing printer, Printalicious..

That thread is right here: My 3 Color Mixing Printer (3dprintboard.com)

well roll me in treacle and call me a waffle - the wifi module arrived today !
    9 days from china - could be some kind of record :-)

No sign of the bluetooth adaptors though, they might end up breaking another record lol

Got some workshop time today, so might give it a try.

It has occurred to me that the wifi signal in my workshop is truly awful - and there's no visible aerial or external aerial ports on the module - sooo, it might work, but just not pick up a signal.
    Might have to fit a booster in the workshop. Which would probably be a good idea anyway.

It's always the way, a cheap addition tends to snowball and become an expensive project :-)

But I've got it anyway :-)

right !
    we have progress :-)

Some idiot had not installe the module correctly.
    when i find him I'll give him a right good kicking ! ;-)

Anyway, once i decided to chck and then fitted it correctly - not only did my sdcard reader start working again, but the firmware installed for the wifi module.

No networks showed - which i was expecting, my house signal is weak in my workshop and the module is in a steel box on top of a fridge :-)

Then I had a thought and set up a wifi hotspot on my phone - picked it up straight away and connected.
    Wahey it works !

So then I happened to notice that windows 10 allows you to generate it's own hotspot local wifi network.
    So I did that and can now connect the printer wirelessly directly to the computer.

Now it gets interesting.

When you access the printer via the ip address you get a simple screen which offers you the chance to select html or set the modules own access point info.

I cannot find any ingotmation on html to upload to the mocule to create a useful web menu.
    I do - vaguely - remember doing something similiar for the mini delta. But whil itlet you print via wifi - it did not let you upload a file to the sd card.
    To my mind the main reason for having wifi.

So in one respect - 100% success.
    In another - totally bloody useless :-)

There is an mks add-in for cura, but as I don't use cura that's no use to me.

Can't find any html frontends for the mks wifi module and mks just use github - which I find almost impossible to ever get any sense out of.

No way that I can see of connecting simplify3d to it, I'll look into prusaslicer later - should have a couple days workshop time this week.

But if anyone has any idea how to proceed from here - I'd really like to know :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    That sounds like the exact problem I was having with the Monoprice mini printer I had. It could print from wifi. You would setup the wifi info then open a browser from your pc type in the ip address and you get this screen where you can print a file. BUT it is feeding gcode real time to the printer to print. Like printing from USB but over a wifi connection. I mean how unstable is that for hours and hours on end? The SKR boards all have a built in microsd card slot. Right on the mainboard. So it seems logical to me that I can send a whole file to the printer from wifi but I have not tested this theory, yet. However, I do already have 2 of the wifi modules for the skr boards and So I might try getting one up and going tonight just to see how that works.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast