Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I am entirely too enthusiastic about this hobby to focus on the dollar amount past getting that number up to buy what I need. I mean want. No I was right the first time. What I NEED. If we were trying to achieve an end with the fewest dollars spent possible there is now a pi nano that rivals the size of the arduino nano. And if that won't drive octoprint I know the pi zero will. The thing is along with and as a part of octoprint we want to use a very hd camera for the pictures and video. And I want to connect to the pi fast and I want it to send me information in actual real time and not many seconds to a minute behind. And when I send a command over wifi to the pi I want to see an immediate reaction without delay. And I want the video I see via the pi to be sharp, crisp, and play smoothly without hanging or lagging. And so while we can run a printer with a bottom end dirt cheap pi, we will always find the features that we love to play with so much will always work better on the higher end pi's that have more onboard memory, faster onboard memory, and better onboard processors. Because they will always drive the ancillaries in a vastly better capacity. To include the onboard wifi. We need an opinion of pi vs. RRF because I think that is really the 2 best ways to go wifi for printing. I am pretty sure we can get a RRF module now to convert any 32 bit printer mainboard to RRF using the exp1 &exp2 headers. But i honestly think the pi is still the better way to go just because of octolapse. But IDK because I never got octopi up and working and I have never used RRF. ....yet!
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 02-09-2021 at 11:38 AM.