Close

heater pin numbers

Hi, I was installing the e3d hotend with a new heater cartridge and thermocouple. I think I accidentally changed the pin number for #define HEATER_0_PIN. I have it set to 8 right now. is this correct? the hotend is not heating up right now. thermocouple is working fine and I checked the resistance on the cartridge came out to 6.7.

Thanks

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Not sure what you have for hardware or firmware, but I believe the typical Marlin/RAMPS config is as follows:

HEATER_BED_PIN 8
    HEATER_1_PIN 9
    HEATER_0_PIN 10

It can be tricky to work through the #if #else #endif logic. Always check to make sure no more than one definition is assigned to any pin for your specified motherboard type.

it is a rambo 1.2b board with marlin firmware. Forgot to include that in there.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ohms View Post
    it is a rambo 1.2b board with marlin firmware. Forgot to include that in there.
    Then I believe the mapping should be as follows:

HEATER_BED_PIN 3
    HEATER_1_PIN 7
    HEATER_0_PIN 9

ahh pin 9 did the trick. Thanks

Guys, I changed the catridge and heater in the 3D printer and I do not know how to explain it, but I regularly show the same error 1212. I don't know how to deal with it, but I can't solve the problem on my own and I can't find a solution on the Internet. The only thing I thought about is to contact the master and I already called him and told him but he said that he had no idea how to solve this problem. I just see 1212 on the screen. Trying to search for information about this problem the only thing I find is this information about the number 1212 https://www.sunsigns.org/angel-number-1212-meaning/ , as far as I understand it is some kind of mythological secret number and it has a huge number of values. I don't believe that this is a sign from above or that the angels want to convey something to me, but it's really something very strange. I do not know what is happening and would like to know your opinion about it. Maybe some of you have encountered the error 1212? My printer is from Canon.
    Last edited by AmeliaNorth; Yesterday at 05:12 PM.