Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    no delicate part ever breaks when you are fighting the release
    I never ever fight to get a part released and that seems to be the norm for most that use glass. The Freezer and they fall off without any pressure if that ever becomes an issue.

If you print with anything other than abs (and on an open frame printer, you most likely will be) on an enclosed printer - which I'm getting the impression you never do.
    Ahhhhh the impression... Silly boy. Leaving the front door wide open and the top off is pretty much there with an open system which I use for PLA and PETG. Another fail on your end.

I'm assuming you haven't used it and are just going on the opinions of those like yourself who are locked into abs and have enclosed machines.
    Another swing and a miss. I do use PLA, PETG, HIPS, PVA, and Nylon. I have tried TPE's and TPU's (friend works for a company that makes TPU's and gives me free samples to try and report back) I just don't have a use for them.

I base my knowlege primarily on what I've used and tried and Therefore I know it works. Not just regurgitating someone elses opnions.
    Hmmm... A sample size of one... Yourself. While regurgitating without experience is a bad practice listening to others and trying to replicate it on your own gives you a broader view on things instead living in your parents basement relying solely on your own opinions.

Something to think about. I know you've called me a nerd in the past but surely you can grasp this.
    "Sample size determination is the act of choosing the number of observations or replicates to include in a statistical sample. The sample size is an important feature of any empirical study in which the goal is to make inferences about a population from a sample."

No alternative facts :-)
    None here. We leave the political banter to the liberal/progresive mess to talk about.

If impatient I use a gentle tap to release the part.
    Great if you like leveling your bed often.

Everything else has either stuck and released or stuck and laughed at me when i asked it to release.
    Sorry about your luck there..... Glass in the freezer and it's off in 10 minutes with a stubborn print :-)

BY all means give advice on things you've actually used - but being negative on something you have no experience of doesn't help anyone.
    I am not being negative. I am offering a rebuttal to your one trick pony. I take issues with you because you have to chime in on everything as the "all knowing" You give advise on engineering material/geometry related topics where you are completely unqualified. How is that helping anyone?

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    My bed right now looks like a mine field, I HAVE to use some layer over the glass. Printbite seems to have such good reviews, I'm game to try it, especially at the price, compared to getting a new bed.

Glue stick has been my goto for years now, but I have to try something different.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Sigh............... I've never seen glass break apart... and raise up.......

My glass bed is filled with pot holes. I need to span those gaps. CA's advice seems to be a perfect solution.

You seem to assume that ALL printer's work like yours, that you can easily remove the glass and throw it into a freezer. Even if I had a freezer empty enough (A full household of kids kinda prevents this) to place my print into, the labor of completely disassembling the case of the printer, disassembling the Z axis, unplugging the bed from the board, placing that in a freezer, removing the print, reassembling the Z axis, plugging it back in, reassembling the case, is kind of a pain in the ass.

If you want to be helpful, make sure to read the OP's, and then respond constructively to that. CA offered a very viable, and CHEAP, solution to my problem. Not one of your comments was any help at all.

Engineer-in-Training
    Sorry... You are right. I missed the reference to the specific printer that you were using.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    And, if you look outside your window, you'll understand part of my problem, I'm a NEO'er too. I really don't have room inside my place to run this thing, but the unheated 3 car garage has become my workshop. Aside from me, finishes and glues, it's the only real thing that's cold sensitive.

If this sheet works, then I'm a happy camper, and I'll start prewarming the enclosure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12