Hello. New to the 3D printing world but not technology. I just acquired a USED Hictop I3 Prusa with only a couple hours on the machine, the old owner did not have the time to learn and create so let it go for a low price. From what I can tell, it is similar to the 3DP08 but it does have a few differences it seems. The LCD face does not have a nice cover and is exposed. The motherboard is red and is stamped MK .3. I have seen the printing this printer has done as the guy ran a test awhile ago, so I know it did print. My question is, is there a way I can tell all the settings in the configuration.h file are correct? If I wanted to upgrade the hardware, would I only need to purchase a new motherboard, make the connections and then configure the board? I do not think this model has auto-leveling. Is this feature very helpful, and is it something I can add to this printer?

Since I am into this printer for so little, upgrading this printer at this time would not be a problem for me. I plan on using CURA for printing, and 123D for my modeling, and most my models will need to be solid.

Thanks.