Close

Wanhao i3 Plus high temperature bug?

Hi

I have been happily printing PLA with my Wanaho i3 Plus for a week or so now.

I have just tried to print ABS for the first time. My first print cracked, due to my print temperature setting being too low (210).

Now when I up the temperature in my gcode file to 235, the printer heats up to the desired temperature, then starts to cool down instantly and the print progress bar slowly moves from 0 to 100% without printing a thing.

I've tried creating an new gcode file and leaving the machine off for a while etc, with the same result.

The only way I can get the print to work at my specified 235, is to set the temp in the gcode to 210, then manually up the temp to 235 on the control screen on the machine.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Thanks

Mr S

same here

Quote Originally Posted by Scibbles View Post
    Hi

I have been happily printing PLA with my Wanaho i3 Plus for a week or so now.

I have just tried to print ABS for the first time. My first print cracked, due to my print temperature setting being too low (210).

Now when I up the temperature in my gcode file to 235, the printer heats up to the desired temperature, then starts to cool down instantly and the print progress bar slowly moves from 0 to 100% without printing a thing.

I've tried creating an new gcode file and leaving the machine off for a while etc, with the same result.

The only way I can get the print to work at my specified 235, is to set the temp in the gcode to 210, then manually up the temp to 235 on the control screen on the machine.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Thanks

Mr S
    having the exact same problem, upgraded LCD and firmware, still the same. did you find any solution?
    thxalot

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what slicer are you using ?