Close

Engineer-in-Training

Bought new PowerSpec 3D Pro 2 printer

I bought a new PowerSpec 3D Pro 2 printer at Micro Center store today. I got it working with Simplify3D software. I'm printing the wire saver shown at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1549265 I'm confused about the filament guide tube holder. Which one should I use? I want to buy Micro Swiss all-metal hotend kit but does the printer has MK10 hotend? The printer has lift-up door and 5-piece top cover.

Engineer-in-Training
    I mean the holder for the guide tubes so that the tubes are moved away from the back wall. The holder that I printed for the old printer didn't fit the new printer. The distance between tubes may be different. Which slicer is best for the new printer?

Engineer-in-Training
    I'm not sure if the license for Simpify3D allows me to install the program on two computers, one at home and one at work. I found tube holder for Flashforge Creator Pro on thingiverse, printed it, and installed it. The silver screws in the door hinges are supposed to keep the door open but is there a better way of keeping the door open? I have to buy Printbite surface for my new printer. Where can I buy it in USA?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
    I... I have to buy Printbite surface for my new printer. Where can I buy it in USA?
    You can't that I'm aware of. I think it's only available direct from flex3d in the UK. I don't think it took much more than about a week to get mine, though.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    There is already a pretty big Flashforge/wanhao/ctc fb Group. It requires requesting to join but it isn't a big deal. Really there are enough FB 3d print groups out there. 3d printing, 3D Print DIY, Flashforge... and every other brand you can think of.

Engineer
    Get a glass bed. I got like 6 pieces cut for $8 at my local hardware store (Lowes). Slapped a printed mount on, and boom, printing like a boss.