Close

Angry Powerspec Ultra (Flashforge clone) LCD not displaying correctly

I powered on my printer and began loading filament for a print this morning and when I finished loading the filament, all the text on the LCD disappeared, but the buttons were still visible/functional. I restarted my printer (thinking this might be some weird one-time bug or something) and whenever I finished any task (loading filament, calibration, etc.) the text would vanish from the buttons. When I reboot the printer the text is visible, but vanished once an action is completed. I have had this printer for over a year now and never experienced this issue. Additionally, I reset to printer to factory setting, and it failed to correct the problem. While printing all the temperature information is not visible, but the print continues as normal, and I can view the temperature info in PowerPrint when I connect wirelessly. I did a print yesterday, and I didn't experience any problems. Has anyone experienced this problem themselves and what can be done to solve it?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It is static, ground yourself before touching anything on the printer. Can also get one of those grounded electronics work mat to put under it.

This happens more in the dry winter months.

Good to know. I rebooted the printer again, but this time the screen just powers on and nothing is displayed, and it doesn't make the booting sound effect. I hear a fan turning on, but nothing beyond that. I am experiencing some winter weather where I live, but I can't get the printer to boot right now, when it was printing without issue 10 mins ago.

Super Moderator
    Time to flip it over and take bottom cover off. Check all the screws on the green plugs and make sure they are tight.

OK I will try that in a minute. I'm not an expert on electricity, but if part (or all) of my machines board fried due to static could the fan and LCD still operate? Is there a way to fix it if the board is fried or could it be simply replaced? Thank you for your help btw

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight_of_Ni View Post
    OK I will try that in a minute. I'm not an expert on electricity, but if part (or all) of my machines board fried due to static could the fan and LCD still operate? Is there a way to fix it if the board is fried or could it be simply replaced? Thank you for your help btw
    I don't know, just do some preventive maintenance making sure all the wiring is tight then go from there.

I think I was able to fix the problem. I removed the ribbon connected to the LCD and put if back in and it worked fine, but I still have a few minor display errors that I'll fix when the cold, staticy winter weather passes. Thank you for your help and advice!