Close

Angry new problem with print quality....help!

Ive had my quiditech dual extruder running pretty consistently now for over two months with excellent results. however recently ive been getting these "blobs" on corners (often times little worms that go up and away from print, at a diagonal angle)and sometimes these "loops" on horizontal surfaces. ive slowed down and it seems to help some, but im wondering why this happens all of the sudden......im adding hours to my prints just to overcome this and would rather not. thanks for your input, ill attach pics.......here are my settings on simplify3d:

taulman g-tech
    nozzle: 235c
    bed: 40
    speed: 40mm/s
    retraction: 3mm

the image upload feature isnt working.........
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ProtoFox; 01-10-2017 at 09:25 AM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ProtoFox View Post
    the image upload feature isnt working.........
    Make sure the images you're trying to upload are less than say 800x600 pixels. Like many forums, 3dprintboard has constraints on what you can upload.

BTW: Without seeing the photos, my initial guess is a bit high in printing temperature and/or you're seeing a need to provide print cooling airflow. But I'm not familiar with taulman g-tech.

okaythanx, ive attached images here........ive altered the temps up and down to no effect. the only thing that seems to help is speed, but ive never had an issue printing this filament at 50-60mm/s. now im forced to print at 20-30mm/s just to fix this.......

Super Moderator
    Have you been printing over 230c on the extruder a lot? If so the PTFE tube may be damaged and restricting the filament movement.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    I would suggest looking at your PTFE tubing as mentioned above.

It could also be your belts becoming loose thus effecting the ability for the nozzle to change directly quickly.

Regards,
    www.3dexfilament.co.uk

okay so i understand whats really going on here....see attachment. how do i prevent it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I think the bottom line is that excess filament starts to harden just as the nozzle moves to a new location on the print. In addition to what's already mentioned, I'll suggest trying to adjust your retraction settings. It could be that you're not retracting far enough or attempting to retract too fast.

Simplify3D has perhaps the best print troubleshooting guide I know of. Even if you're not using Simplify3d as your slicer it can be a handy reference for suggestions on fixing print quality issues. The legs of the chair in the sample print for the stringing or oozing section have the diagonal build-ups that you're describing.