Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gear material

Engineer-in-Training
    Might look into a worm gear translation. That will drop the speed of the final drive while letting the motor run in it's efficient range. I still think nylon is your best bet. It is produced with petrolium. When it heats up it emits an oil based self lubricating film. I wouldn't rely on material recomendations ftom unqualified individuals.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    And i wouldn't rely on recommendations from people called todd :-)

Is that enough tit for tat ?
    Or do you want to continue the childish name calling and snide comments ?
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-16-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Unless the part is used in water or very moist environments, I advise nylon. As an amorphous polymer, TPU with its lower hardness will display much more fatigue over time and fail due to stress cracking. Compare TPU to a very hard bunch of spaghetti, while nylon has a more integral molecular structure that brings about its strength.

Student
    take a look at ninjatek's new armadillo filament.
    It's a super tough very rigid polyurethane based material, 90% more abrasion resistant than nylon and stiffer than abs with much better impact resistance.

I've just ordered a 10 metre sample to try out.
    You can contact me anytime for Course Work writing Service.

Gear can be made of a wide range of materials, including numerous sorts of steel, metal, bronze, cast press, malleable iron, aluminum, powdered metals, and plastics. Steel is the most widely recognized material generally speaking, albeit, throughout the years, we've worked with the greater part of the material kinds specified. top essay writing service

For gear, I suggest you could have a trial with POM filament. This material are used for gear in molding. High strength and self-lubricating property make is as the best options for gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12