Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So the settings for Cura2 that currently work for me are laid out in the pictures below.
    You must create a profile for the Minitoy before you change the "Print Setup" settings.
    The profile will need to have the correct "Machine Settings" and the settings that work best for me are in the first pic I posted below. I'm sure they could be tweaked, but so far I'm printing really good models with these settings.

When you open Cura2, select the profile you created for the Minitoy. After you open the STL file, change the printer settings to match the pictures below.
    Again, I'm sure the settings could be tweaked for each model you print, but these are working for me quite well. I've printed a number of great items with the settings.

You should watch some videos on Cura2 to get a better understanding of the settings. You will want to adjust them to the types of items you are printing.

Please let me know if this helps and if you have other suggestions.

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 4.25.58 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 4.21.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 4.22.26 PM.jpg

Thank you so much for the details and the photos. I cannot wait to try to see if this helps. Once I have time to set it up I'll reply as to how it went!

Hi. It's months later but was wondering if you ever figured this out? I still can't print.

What settings?

Quote Originally Posted by plarose2 View Post
    Did the Ultimaker 2 setting work with the Minitoy? I can't get any of the files to print correctly.
    Didnt work for me. I'm totally frustrated. I think I'm going to throw this machine away and chalk this up as a huge loss.

The settings don't seem to work for me and now my filament won't load. I've just about had it. I wish there was a definitive answer for the proper settings to use.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    What build volume is it ?
    170x130x140. And it only prints pla. For the price this thing should be made of 14kt gold. I have 3 small children that I have included in not just 3d printing but building the 3d printers. And I say that if you can not teach your child how to be careful of a hotend, then maybe your child isn't ready for 3d printing. I don't think hiding a hotend is worth hundreds extra for a smaller printer.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    food for thought about kids and their abilities..

I would rather my children know all the hazards of what they are playing with.

Wondering, have you determined better settings for use with the MINI TOY? I could really use your help. I had settings but then I cleaned my computer and lost them all. I should have screen shot them first.

Not sure if you still need help.
    Does your printer print the files that came on the dropbox or SD card?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12