Close

Exact Maximum Build Dimensions

225 x 145 x 150 mm - that's X Y and Z right?

I printed multiple copies of the same small part successfully but the raft actually was built bigger than the build plate in the Y direction! I thought that was surprising. I stayed within the confines of the stock volume for the parts, but the raft gcode added its standard extra width?

I assume the dims are the same for the creator and the creator x?

Just wondering if anyone was able to print anything beyond these dimensions, really. Obviously your part needs to start solely on the build plate, but potentially could have the ability to sweep beyond the build plate dimensions as the part gets taller, given what I've seen.

Engineer
    Hmm Interesting. Yes 225 x 145 x 150 mm is X by Y by Z dimensions.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by ixlr8 View Post
    225 x 145 x 150 mm - that's X Y and Z right?

I printed multiple copies of the same small part successfully but the raft actually was built bigger than the build plate in the Y direction! I thought that was surprising. I stayed within the confines of the stock volume for the parts, but the raft gcode added its standard extra width?

I assume the dims are the same for the creator and the creator x?

Just wondering if anyone was able to print anything beyond these dimensions, really. Obviously your part needs to start solely on the build plate, but potentially could have the ability to sweep beyond the build plate dimensions as the part gets taller, given what I've seen.
    Sorry mate, you're printing larger than I have attempted. I have done 22.5cm x 14.0cm with NO raft for a quadcopter arm no problem! The Raft isnt taken into account on the buildplate size,so yeah it will hang over the edge or print off it completely.

As far as height, yes I have printed at 15cm high, bu was not using the entire platform, probably only 30% of it when I printed the predator mask. Both parts were max height. I have sliced a full platform build before but it told me it was going to take 25 hours to print... which probably would have driven my wife nuts.