Close

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Is that lighter blue on the bottom what fdm users would call a raft (support)? Meaning that the actual print is that solid blue?

Engineer-in-Training
    Nope. The cube is supposed to be hollow, as it is. The top is too thick, but the outer dimensions are spot on.

amazing Anuvin!

Seems that the mods from Pete about the drip governor might fix this kind of bug.

Looks quiet nice as the layers go,
    But after that it kinda looks quiet bad?

Is this normal or did something go wrong?
    Or is this very small?

@DrLuigi: Anuvin mentions that the cube is 10mm on each side, so quite small.

And here is the thing that i have a problem with at the moment with the Peachy. I have yet to see a decent, reasonably sized print. I understand that the beta users are still learning to use the device, so hopefully they will come, but I find it interesting that the Peachy team has yet to deliver any larger prints. Who will be the first to print f.x. the Yoda bust on the Peachy ?

Quote Originally Posted by kulfsson View Post
    @DrLuigi: Anuvin mentions that the cube is 10mm on each side, so quite small.

And here is the thing that i have a problem with at the moment with the Peachy. I have yet to see a decent, reasonably sized print. I understand that the beta users are still learning to use the device, so hopefully they will come, but I find it interesting that the Peachy team has yet to deliver any larger prints. Who will be the first to print f.x. the Yoda bust on the Peachy ?
    Well a Reprap will be able to make a better print than that, But i realy hope that its just something with calibration or something, that it isnt that nice yet,

I do have to say that you don't see the layers that much anymore.

Engineer-in-Training
    Keep in mind that this printer is a beta version of the Peachy, and it is barely calibrated. I have never 3d printed anything before, I am a total novice. So bear these things in mind as I show more pictures of prints. I will try that Yoda when I get it a little more dialed in. I cannot wait to try a larger print. I am trying to get a small print to work before I do, as I think anyone would with any printer, especially one in as early dev as Peachy.

While I second kulfssons point about larger prints, I fully support you in doing things in their proper order, with calibration being the obvious starting point, Anuvin. Thanks for posting pics! All of this makes me wonder when my own model will arrive. I was kinda late in discovering the kickstarter and chipping in. Hey, @Ryland, is there any way one can cheat and get earlier access to a Peachy if there is a good enough reason? Like wanting it very badly?

Staff Engineer
    I agree with Morten, definitely get the printer firmly calibrated before going crazy with the possibilities.

As for when us non-testers will get that final version. The Kickstarter schedule has final printers in the hands of backers around September/October (depending on when they backed it, Early bird specials and such.) Those of us who got in late have a tenative October date, but I'd be very impressed if they get delivered before Christmas.

I'm pretty sure it will be ontrack as far as I know. No big flaw that would push the delivery right now !

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast