Close

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Any prints from the Beta team?

It has been a little while and an unboxing video was posted on April 2nd. I'm sure someone has printed something in the last few weeks. I would love to see some pics.

Ye. I kinda hoped on some more prints from the developers thereselfs, Like a small update with 5 pictures of products they could achieve with the printer,

Thats kinda one the things why i didnt back them up, There is lack of prints that can tell use that its a great new printer or something that is almost the same as FDM,

Also i didnt want a second printer at the time :P don't have any room for it! but i might if the PRO version is a step upwards ^^

Edit:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TZMLl6zLyY
    This guy should get his one printing when he gets the resin, Wich is soon hopefuly.

Kinda wondering when they will be selling em.
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 04-15-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Yup, that is me. I got my resin yesterday, and I did the calibration print, which took a few stabs to get working, but did work. I then tried a d20, but it got stretched out in a funny way. Going to try again and I will report back with results, good or bad, tonight or tomorrow morning.

Staff Engineer
    Stretched, squashed, skewed or wavy, we want to see pics, man. Especially if it's any of the above "in a funny way"

Actually, there's a "Print fails" thread in the Gallery, if you put it in there I'm sure it won't look too bad compared to the other stuff.

Resine was shipped a little after. First part of beta was to build the Peachy and improve it. Now, we will begin to work on print. We will have more videos to show!

Anuvin first backer print :

Click for big, obviously.
    As reference, it should look like this :

Need a little more tuning/calibration!
    Last edited by nka; 04-16-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    There is the only print I have worth sharing. I had a calibration print that wasn't too good, and I was going to show it, but it fell off my desk. It was then consumed by the carpet and cannot be retrieved with current human technology.

And now, I scratched my laser lens (no one to blame but myself...) so I have to wait until the end of the week to print again! Sorry to those who wanted more updates, we will have to be satisfied with my pictures in the post above.

Staff Engineer
    Well, to look on the bright side, even with it distorted and streched, you can still make out the numbers on the sides and you didn't end up with half a pound of wasted resin.

From the pictures, the ripples look bad, until you realize that the dice is so small that the ripples are on the same scale as the fibers in the paper towel it's sitting on. On a FFF printer that dice would be about 10 layers tall at most.

I guess it takes a week to ship the replacement lens?

Engineer-in-Training
    Actually, what you are seeing there is some holes, not numbers. I deleted the numbers from my model. On the upside, the biggest hole is supposed to be there. I wanted a drain hole. The downside is that there are a few other holes, but I now know my laser was really out of focus, and my print speed was such that I am not surprised about the holes.

The ripples are fairly bad, but really, I just got it printing. And like you said, it's still comparable or better than a properly calibrated FFF. It shouldn't even print at all, given how badly I calibrated it.

Lens will be here by Saturday, so I hope to update this thread with lots of pictures come Sunday or Monday.
    Last edited by Anuvin; 04-16-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Actually, what you are seeing there is some holes, not numbers. I deleted the numbers from my model. On the upside, the biggest hole is supposed to be there. I wanted a drain hole. The downside is that there are a few other holes, but I now know my laser was really out of focus, and my print speed was such that I am not surprised about the holes.

The ripples are fairly bad, but really, I just got it printing. And like you said, it's still comparable or better than a properly calibrated FFF. It shouldn't even print at all, given how badly I calibrated it.

Lens will be here by Saturday, so I hope to update this thread with lots of pictures come Sunday or Monday.
    Goodluck on it, I am very curious what you will be able to get out of this printer as there are almost no photos of prints made with the peachy.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    And like you said, it's still comparable or better than a properly calibrated FFF.
    What's the total dimensions of this supposed to be, is it the XY that's attenuated or the Z that's stretched?...if you message me the STL then I'll print it on an FFF to show the mess it makes!

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast