Close

NinjaFlex on Pegasus 12 and S3D recommended settings or Tips

I just ordered a 10 meter sample pack of Ninjaflex and although I have been reading other posts in other sections of this forum, I even went through this guide posted in the Filaments section:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...n-instructions

I thought it would be more logical to post exactly what I have to work with being this is the one place where people will have experience with my equipment already in regards to printing with flexible filaments.

I have a Pegasus 12 basic with a Titan Extruder and a E3Dv6-lite (also have E3Dv6 as well I can put on if needed) with a 0.40mm brass nozzle. I'm using S3D as my primary slicer. Any tips or settings I can use to reduce the waste from test prints would be appreciated.

Thanks

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by pochrist View Post
    I just ordered a 10 meter sample pack of Ninjaflex and although I have been reading other posts in other sections of this forum, I even went through this guide posted in the Filaments section:

http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...n-instructions

I thought it would be more logical to post exactly what I have to work with being this is the one place where people will have experience with my equipment already in regards to printing with flexible filaments.

I have a Pegasus 12 basic with a Titan Extruder and a E3Dv6-lite (also have E3Dv6 as well I can put on if needed) with a 0.40mm brass nozzle. I'm using S3D as my primary slicer. Any tips or settings I can use to reduce the waste from test prints would be appreciated.

Thanks
    I have a 12" Pegasus with direct drive and I print TPU with no retraction and I slow the print speed to 25% of its normal speed. It prints stringy, so you can slowly increase the retraction until it doesn't work and find your printers threshold. I used these settings and have had 0 wasted prints.