Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staff Engineer

Messages not showing up - titles only

When I click on the header, I see the title and who made the posting, but no actual messages. I'm using Chrome (which always worked before.

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse
    Can you post a screenshot?

Anyone else having this issue?

Staff Engineer
    Sorry, Eddie - if that was addressed to me I couldn't read it, using either Chrome or Firefox. But the ads are working great...

AWeddie.jpg

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Based on some observations here...

Awerby - try widening the browser pane and see if that helps.

Eddie - what seems to be happening is that there is a problem in how the first and last post shown on a page are adjusted as the browser pane is reduced. I could reproduce AW's issue by narrowing my Firefox browser window. The first and last posts shrink down to only showing one character width far sooner than they should. Posts in-between the first and last on a page seem to resize properly.

EDIT: Actually, you can see the symptom of the issue on any page - the first and posts have far more white space on the right side than the posts in-between.

Adding another post so that my prior post isn't the first or last on the page. This should improve the odds that AW can read it.

Staff Engineer
    Printbus' remarks are spot on; I can see his post of the 23rd, but not the one from the 24th, or the first post in this thread. (Widening the browser window helps a little, but there's a limit to how wide it can go). Until this problem gets fixed, this forum is essentially useless; I'll keep checking in occasionally, but you won't be hearing from me - or many of us, I'm afraid - until you do something about it.

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

I ran into another aspect of this issue that I find quite annoying. If you edit one of your posts that happens to be the first or last displayed on a page, you are also presented with a significantly narrower edit window.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by printbus; 12-31-2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added image

Engineer-in-Training
    This problem came up about a month ago and seems to be related to my android devices. It does make the board useless from those devices.

Staff Engineer
    Following a helpful suggestion from Printbus, I closed the "Sponsors" panel on the right of the screen, which improved things considerably. Maybe it will help with the android.

Engineer-in-Training
    I think the problem is the sell out of the site for advertising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast