Close

Stuck on Slic3r 0.9.9 can't use 1.29 but really want to...

After doing a bunch of successful prints with the recommended version of 0.9.9. I have attempted to use the newer version 1.29 to take advantage the newer features mainly the preview options available, however no matter what i do it outputs anomalies in the gcode.

I started with loading the config provided by colin in documentation for my 12" Pegasus Basic. But it seems to have a mind of its own. Even after loading the config file I still have to plug in the 300 x 300 bed size, I typically have all my prints centered on 150 x 150 for prints. Seems no mater what I do the outputed gcode from 1.29 tells the printer to center the print head on Home.... my current print which is basically round disk will center the print head on Home and the result is the skirt is a "Quarter of the actual print (not scaled to a quarter of the print, but literally a 1/4 slice of the disk).

I have even gone as far as loading up both versions side by side and replicating / verifying the setting between the two versions were identical where applicable.

Has anybody else experienced this. TIA

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

With the proper config, you can get 1.29 to print in the center of the printer. Printing at 0,0 often is a result of having "center at 0,0" checked.

You can get most of the major issues taken care of in Slic3r 1.29 or in the newer versions (if you are even more brave). The minor issues are still going to drive you crazy. One alternative is to grab the Slic3r version off of the Prusa web site and start with it. They have spent some major time taking care of a bunch of the bugs (some of which have been open for years). At this point, their fixes have not been merged back into the "mainline" Slic3r code.

Bob

Thanks for the response however I think I must be missing something you mention:

"Printing at 0,0 often is a result of having "center at 0,0" checked."

I can find no check boxes anywhere in the slice bed settings just input boxes which I filled out like this:

Capture.JPG

as you can see according to settings I can find should move the print head to center of the bed (this works perfectly fine 0.9.9)

Engineer-in-Training
    In 1.29 if you mis-enter the origin when running configuration assistant, you get the origin in the center of the print area. Leave origin at 0,0 rather than putting in something like 150,150 in the config and your 0,0 will be in the right place.

Ah I see, let me give that a shot. thanks

Yup that was it, I had compensate in 0.9.9 but it looks like this version got smarter. Thanks