Close

Anyone use Octoprint to watch your printer print in another room?

Does anyone here use Octoprint to view your 3D printer from another room? Do you know if it is possible to stream the video live online? I'm thinking about downloading it as I really would like to be able to print in my basement but not have to worry about going down to check on it every few hours and wake up the other members of my household. Does it work well, and can it be used on all 3d printers?

Ye sure it works,

You just have to download Yawcam and it works perfectly,

Used to a couple times for fun, But as my printer is in my room i didnt mind using it anymore,
    But i might place my printer in another room, and i might buy a raspberry pi then, Not sure yet tho.

Example of mine:
    http://puu.sh/47vIm

I use it all the time for controlling and viewing.

Camera placement is important - the length of the stock cam cable is too short to give you a good field of view using the pi cam. You can source a longer replacement from ebay.

It's also not very good in low light. You'll need a good bright light source directed at the print.

I use it quite a bit. Makes my family happy. I'm around them more, rather than staring at my 3d printing for hours on end Although I do tend to watch the cam quite a bit still.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    This is going to sound odd, but I use a spare FatShark 600 line camera on a head tracking mount. I use my FatShark Attitde V2 goggles if I wanna see it.