Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    I would agree although to be fair, he did say right at that start this is his first attempt at scanning and he didn't know what he was doing.
    I just don't understand why he made this video, just to get clicks I guess,
    He could have started without any knowledge, and made the second half of the vid about explaining what he did wrong and make some better scans !
    Maybe he just wanted to show that just sending a free 3D scanner does not get you a good review, and to me it looks like he fumbled a bit on purpose.

Is anybody actually able to download the new software? I've been trying for hours now and the download always aborts after a few megabytes and the resulting file can't be run.

Technologist
    It's a pretty big file, 344mb.
    Could be that the server was busy when you tried. I had the same problem when I first tried but a couple of hours later it downloaded in a few minutes.

I finally got the file..

.. only to run into next set of problems:

1) During install it tried to do something with C++ Runtimes and errored out twice. It is trying to access install files that are nowhere to be found.
    2) Sometimes the scan "preview" (where it displays whats already scanned) remains empty, the scans are then "lost" somehow. (Auto scan using turntable, not textured) If i load an old scan, it starts working again (sometimes)
    3) During scanner calibration, the software crashes every once in a while
    4) Documentation is pretty bad, bordering on incomprehensible

I love this scanner when its working,
    but IMHO their software is pretty bad :-(

Technologist
    Yeah, there seems to be a few bugs in V2.0. The previous version was more stable.
    Regarding your empty scan preview, I sometimes see this when the scanner has picked up "noise" from the area behind the turntable. The preview hasn't disappeared though, it's just gone off to one side and zooming out reveals the preview again.
    I fixed this by placing a black sheet behind the turntable to stop it picking up anything that shouldn't be in the scan.

Oh, that's possible, cause when scanning works, it does include part of my wallpaper. I will try a black sheet of something. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12