Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training

SHINING 3D unveils new and updated EinScan 2.0

http://www.3ders.org/articles/201612...d-scanner.html

The update to EinScan software version 2.0 will be available to all EinScan Series 3D Scanner users as a free upgrade. Although EinScan 2.0’s official launch date is December 5th, SHINING 3D tell us in a press release that the software will be available from December 1st as an open invitation for internal testing.

Technologist
    Can't get the beta to install .......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    Sent an email to support and to thier credit they replied the same day.
    They sent me a couple of dll files which fixed the problem.
    Haven't had a chance to test it fully yet but there are some nice improvements.
    You now have the option create a mesh without filling in holes which is something I've been hoping for.
    Last edited by scobo; 12-02-2016 at 02:12 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    I really like to hear more of your experience with this new software
    I am a bit hesitant to try it.

Technologist
    You can try it without uninstalling the previous version. I have both 1.7.7 and 2.0 installed and can use either without any issues.
    Final mesh quality seems to be better in 2.0.
    Another improvement is the option to save or load a project in turntable (autoscan) mode as with freescan mode.
    There's also an option to set the number of turntables steps (or rotations) from 8 to 180 if you need to capture more angles.

Student
    Were is this in the program? "There's also an option to set the number of turntables steps (or rotations) from 8 to 180 if you need to capture more angles." Is this only in the pro vers.? If it is in the S- vers. please let me know where.
    Thanks

Technologist
    The new version is for both the Pro and the S. It's the S I'm using.
    The steps option is in the main scanning screen right above the "Fast Mesh" button.
    You can type the required number of steps in the box to the right of "Turntable steps (8-180)".

Engineer-in-Training
    Here are some vids of the new 2.0 software

Engineer-in-Training
    And a "review" of the Einscan-s running with the new software,
    I would not call this a good review, he just got the scanner sent to him without him knowing how it works, and not taking the time beforehand to do some research about 3D scanning,
    he is just pressing buttons, complaining about the software being non intuitive, and surprised at the bad quality it produces.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by This View Post
    And a "review" of the Einscan-s running with the new software,
    I would not call this a good review, he just got the scanner sent to him without him knowing how it works, and not taking the time beforehand to do some research about 3D scanning,
    he is just pressing buttons, complaining about the software being non intuitive, and surprised at the bad quality it produces.
    I would agree although to be fair, he did say right at that start this is his first attempt at scanning and he didn't know what he was doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast