Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I'm using Chrome and not getting any of that. But I have to say, that sports-streaming spammer is getting on my nerves...
    He is flipping annoying. Whatever you do don't click on one of his links. Most that I have inspected a few of them and they were harmless but you never know what ones are not.

Engineer-in-Training
    Windows 10 Defender found malware and removed them. I stopped getting the annoying dialog box with two buttons that say "Play Now" and "No Thanks".

Engineer-in-Training
    Interesting... our it department has been delayed in rolling out certain updates due to testing software compatability. Probably why i didn't get any of that crap here at home.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Actually if there isn't a link in a post, and english isn't their native language (or sometimes if it is and they use predictive text on a phone) then it can be tricky to tell if it's a genuine person or some weird attempt at profitless spam.

We do get some really weird posts that are from real people.

I'm not really getting this error. Maybe should scan for malware?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd-67 View Post
    He is flipping annoying. Whatever you do don't click on one of his links. Most that I have inspected a few of them and they were harmless but you never know what ones are not.
    Never ever click on spam links. It only puts money in their pockets. Ignore it and let us get rid of it.

Engineer-in-Training
    I don't click on them. Just check out where the redirect is and then look at who the domain is regestered to.

Interesting thing is that this whole deal only lasted about 2 days (back to the OP's point). Haven't seen it since.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    We do get some really weird posts that are from real people.
    This is speculation, but my guess is a lot of them have alcohol as a 'contributing' factor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12