Close

OctoPrint (Control your Printer over Internet)

Hey guys,

Just a small discussion topic about Octoprint,

If you have any questions/problems you can put those here ^^

I got a Octoprint website myself running sometime if i realy wanna :P

I got it running on my PC since i don't own a raspberry yet,
    Atm my printer is in my bedroom next to my pc, but that may change since well 3d printers arent realy that healthy to be in a area you are that much in ,
    or it realy has to be well ventilated (wich i try as much as possible)

So i might change it from room, if i do well i might buy a Raspberry, or i just use my old laptop ^^

Oh well...

I've also got my Ipod as Webcam, For example you wanna see if the Makerfarm works well, I could give you a small Live show i guess ^^

Anyhow i thought this was a nice piece of software to create a Topic about ^^

Best regards,
    DrLuigi
    Last edited by DrLuigi; 10-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.

My son has been using Octoprint and Rasberry Pi to run our two Prusa i3 Printers. It is nice not having to tether the printers to a laptop all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    My son has been using Octoprint and Rasberry Pi to run our two Prusa i3 Printers. It is nice not having to tether the printers to a laptop all the time.
    Well if it wasnt next to my PC i would also put a raspberry on it,
    But atm its still in my room next to my PC so ye i am running it for the Lolz sometime but don't realy need it,
    I am planning to perhaps change it from place, To another room and then i might actualy buy a raspberry for it.

Can you use 2 printers on 1 octoprint? i believe not?
    So you had to get 2 raspberrys and get 2 diffrent octoprints running? i am guessing that atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post

Can you use 2 printers on 1 octoprint? i believe not?
    So you had to get 2 raspberrys and get 2 diffrent octoprints running? i am guessing that atleast.
    YES, he has two raspberries running. He has the printers set up in the basement and just lets them print while he is upstairs playing with his Playstation, watching TV or on the computer. He can check the progress online and sometimes runs a web cam as well.