Close

Engineer

Amaker 3D Printer by Amaker3D

It seems like every week we see one or two new 3D printers come to market, or at least announce that they will eventually be coming to market. Today Amaker3D, a company based in Singapore, announced that they will soon be launching a Kickstarter campaign for their new Amaker 3D printer. The crowdfunding campaign will kick off on April 15th. It is not yet known how much money Amaker will seek for production.

Here are the specifications of the the 3d printer:

• In-house designed electronics with dual-core ARM processors. Stepper motor driver can control up to 32 micro steps.
    • Color LCD touchscrren
    • Build volume: 230 X 140 X 175 mm
    • Assisted Print Bed eveling, and with Heat
    • Layer resolution: 20 microns
    • 0.4mm nozzle diameter
    • 1.75mm filament diameter (Both PLA, ABS)

It will be open source, and features a light aluminum casing. More details to come soon.... Below is a picture of the machine:

This looks OK, but what makes it any different than what is already out there? Any idea what the price tag will be on it?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I'm still waiting for the next evolutionary step, colour mixing etc. I know people are doing multiple colours on one head now, that's what I'd prefer to see being worked on. I agree with Jacob, so many clones now that unless they are going to sell it for some rediculously low price, it's getting harder and harder to get excited about a new printer.

Here is another video from them showing the Amaker printing in multiple colors. Still kinda a pain having to lift up the nozzles and cut off the finished color each time. You can't really just let the printer do it's own thing, and leave it.