Well the other day I had to answer to a THREAD regarding the GERMAN REPRAP X400 3D printer.

I am one UNHAPPY and deeply disrespectful customer of GERMAN REPRAP 3D Printers.

Before going deeper I have to present my self as another member of this FORUM assumed that I HAVE NO SKILLS or little SKILLS on 3D PRINTERS
and of course my BSc as Mechanical Engineering is not a clue of some skills...

Therefore I am a Mechanical Engineer with some success and some more unsuccessful stories to tell regarding my days in Mechanical Engineering.

Now I am owner of 5 x 3D printers + 1x GERMAN REPRAP CRAP ... In the days approaching I am waiting for a big 3D machine... Hopefully working.

My story and sharing so the members may have notice and think twice before they buy. As I believe this is all about Forums sharing knowledge...

I ordered a GERMAN REPRAP through INTERNET for a 2500EURO or 2700EURO I do not remember exactly as there are 2 years before ...

My mistake is that I purchased through internet even I knew no store is in my country. Big mistake for that amount of money after all...As the REPRAP is a community for sharing ...

The Printer STILL IS NOT FUNCTIONING CORRECTLY!.

I have wait so much time and never have before write about my disappointment and all the frustration and problems faced with this GERMANREPRAP till today am writing this post.

I received the box which was very nice bulky and heavy.. I immediately thought .. I choose right //

I start to assemble and gradually I plunged into problems and frustration.

MANUAL"
First of all the MANUAL... It was written in GERMAN and English... You know the easy straight directives where in plain English.. But when you were about to assemble the difficult parts the Manual had GERMAN..
So I had to open a second window and scroll back and forth to the screens with the other screen always in GOOGLE TRANSLATION!!!!.. Translate from GERMAN TO ENGLISH!!!!.

The funny thing is that at the end of every poor English Translation OR GERMAN Words... there was a sentence of asking their customers to contribute and translate their manual... HAHAHHAHAHAHA

PARTS :
All parts were nice and neatly arrange into boxes... The bolts and screws came in two different plastic box cases with labels for each bolt and nut so you could see the manual and identify immediately the corresponding part... Well it is not that I like to be excited or grouchy but still MANUAL AND PHOTOS were NOT exactly helpful.. But OK!! They did it a try! Still you need to smell your fingers to find some parts where goes what... SO I HAD TO SEARCH THE INTERNET YOUTUBE to find more directions from other people they done this!!!...

OOOhhhh!!!!! Did I mentioned that I had a deadline with my company to produce a PROTOTYPE and I was the one who pinch point the investment to this specific printer??

SERVICE:

OK! I had to find a solution to some problems that seemed without solution... It is then when I searched their site for a telephone to communicate or something.. BUT NOTING AT ALL...
Of course TODAY (present DAY) they have a phone call line with a 0.99EURO/minute for actually giving them feedback on their crappy design and asking for some answers.... Ooopss sorry for their time I meant! HAHAHAH

Service happens ONLY through e-mails after they give you a ticket where you have to reply and asking them for your problem within specific time or else you have to apply for a new ticket...

Hmmm!!!! Maybe the problems are too many and the tickets are too many to hold them too much ..

Anyway I asked them and I actually sent a video If memory serves right ...In order to have a couple of days or more a non sense answer...
I was wondering... Are my English understandable or what went wrong?

I decided to go for my self and proceed .. Thankfully after many tries I overcome my first problem.

Then In another problem raised I had to contact again... There they come with a ticket... I asked they replied again something irrelevant with the topic and again I had to make my own tries and tests...

BUT DAYS were passing... And you know how it is... You get busy with real problems in life and your business and have to solve them and leave the GERMAN REPRAP CRAP aside...

Today if you are lucky enough and buy their crappy printer X400 ( I do not know for other models, I can only assume... Still their service and connection with their customer JUST SUCK!!!)

And if you have a problem you can PAY OF COURSE THEIR ROYALTY of 0.99EURO/minute in order to be honored to have a solution for the small amount of 2500Euro or more...