Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello. I will be printing 1/32 car body & figure masters. Really looking forward to starting.....

Engineer-in-Training
    Oooh, neat. What are the car bodies for? RC, I assume. Peachy should be super great for you if so.

I am also thinking about printing the pen hull and give some neat 3D looks in it

Slot cars and rc. Any word on the 3d scanner? I have made a scanner from a Xbox connects. Works great for scanning people. Now I need a scanner that will work well on smaller objects. This way I will be able to scan any scale car model and resize to 1/32 and print.

Engineer-in-Training
    I know that the 3d scanning code works, and pretty well at that, but it is in very early alpha. Some of it will have to be rewritten, I believe, but the spine exists.

Going to be trying to print people figurines - got the idea from one of the Make issues & going to see if I can translate it to the Peachy seems doable. Already have the Kinect scanning so it grabs people images, the auto wheel hub came in this week & started working on the turntable this weekend.

Really good to see what everyone will be printing, giving me some great ideas.

In anticipation of the peachy I have started to design my quadcoptor, this is what I have so far. No idea if the peachy will be any good for printing this but I sure hope so.
    quad.jpg

Technician
    eezo, with a large enough area lower tub and enough hight for the peachy to shine it's laser over the entire build (might have to consider a quarter of the unit at a time), it should be possible

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    eezo, with a large enough area lower tub and enough hight for the peachy to shine it's laser over the entire build (might have to consider a quarter of the unit at a time), it should be possible
    Excellent news! I was thinking of printing it in sections anyway as I would like it to be modular so I can upgrade components as I see fit.

Hebbster. What scale are you going to be doing? Looks like we will be trying to do the same things with our machines. Even the same scanner.WE should compare notes as we go.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast