Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel LeNoir View Post
    Hebbster. What scale are you going to be doing? Looks like we will be trying to do the same things with our machines. Even the same scanner.WE should compare notes as we go.
    Still determining scale, going to to depend on the printer tank to some extent (deal w/ that when I get to the software/tank building stage). I found some wooden spools that were used for flexible SS tubing which were made out of 32" diameter 1/2" thick wood, looks like they're going to work perfect for the main turntable. Will give you a heads up for one mistake/lesson I've learned already, bought a new hub off ebay but it had metric threads didn't think of that. Turns out here in the US it's a pain to find cheap bolts that size, usually higher grade stuff, so can't bolt directly into the hub. Where I'm at right now - probably use smaller SAE bolts unless I can find some reasonably priced metric - darn if i'm going to pay more for 4 bolts than I paid for the hub assembly!!!

Braces anyone? I can't be the only person to have thought of that yet.

Engineer-in-Training
    Braces? For teeth? Haha, I am sure you mean for something else, but what I am not sure.

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Toys and models. I'd like to use it to produce a range of masters for making small scale scenery (train sets and war games). I'd also like to produce props and trinkets from games. I've been paying close attention to the level of detail that the peachy can achieve and the results seem to fluctuate wildly (I'm assuming this is calibration and design refinement issues). My idea for scenery is to use the peachy to make masters and then take molds of those to make something like this: ClickyClick I'm banking on using the shrinkage in the master-molding-casting process to get details smaller than the peachy can do alone and to remove any artifacting, if any.

I've got some things on shapeways too and I'm eager to see prints side by side

Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    Braces? For teeth? Haha, I am sure you mean for something else, but what I am not sure.
    no, you were right with the first guess... not for me though, for some family members who can't afford 5k for dental visits to do the braces.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuvin View Post
    He's really onto something. Dental x-rays are really set up well for making a 3D model, the Peachy seems perfectly suited to print the plastic "progressive style" braces that are pretty much standard today. As long as a food-grade plastic becomes available it could be a great application of it. But amirjabri has made his own thread on that.

Engineer-in-Training
    Adsolutely true, I hasn't thought about the clear style braces. That is an awesomely cool idea!

Chayat - I checked out your link and thought it was really cool, I am also very interested in this exact process so we will have notes to compare!

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    Will need to wait until October to compare, I'm literally oozing with peachy-want until then!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234