Hello all,

I bought my first 3d printer a couple of months ago - the Fusion3 F400. I'm interested in recording time-lapse videos of my prints, which I plan to use on my blog and on my other website; showing the making of my product from design to manufacture and into moulding for production.

I'm trying to find out more regarding recording time-lapse / video process. I've had a look at the Raspberry Pi camera and was considering that route but have read some not-so-great reviews on the camera. I appreciate this may not be the most demanding process for a camera and the idea of a the camera somehow being able to be linked to the control of the printer sounded good, however, I don't believe this is possible with the F400. I was also thinking of OctoPrint previously but after contacting support was advised that, though I forget the reasoning why, OctoPrint isn't compatible with the Fusion3 controller (it works "differently"?).

I'm now thinking about a GoPro as they have the HERO 5 available in an even smaller size now which looks tiny and could be perfect. I have a Synology DS916+ with a DX513 expansion with 90TB of storage so not concerned about the data, but whether it's something that has been done / can be done - to get the GoPro HERO 5 or HERO 5 Session to auto-upload the video as it's capturing it to the NAS so I can then edit it once the print is complete and without the camera dying on me.

Thanks for reading. Any help is always appreciated!

TIA, Mark