Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Staff Engineer
    I've got a B9 and it's been pretty reliable. But the build volume is quite small, and it gets smaller as you turn up the resolution. If you're making jewelry, it's a great machine, but for character sculptures it would only be good for very small ones unless you wanted to build them in separate parts.

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    I've got a B9 and it's been pretty reliable. But the build volume is quite small, and it gets smaller as you turn up the resolution. If you're making jewelry, it's a great machine, but for character sculptures it would only be good for very small ones unless you wanted to build them in separate parts.
    Is the stated x/y -z resolution as stated for the b9 set by the max build volume? or is it the max resolution possible when sacrificing volume?

Staff Engineer
    It's based on a projector, so as you increase the resolution, the part gets smaller. Maximum resolution would be at minimum volume, and vice-versa.

ok, did'nt realise, I presumed the resolution stated was based on the build volume - which is already a touch too narrow for my needs, Thanks for the heads up!

IF anybody wants discouragement from buying a Form 2 here it is!

Poor company to deal with, know that if you purchase a printer from them (even in the phase of purchasing it) you're not going to get much assistance from them or interest in your concerns. My printer "was in stock" when I purchased it and they took 3 weeks to send it out.

Now that I have it, I wish I hadn't bought it. I have lots of issues with it all the time (sensor issues) and they cause failed prints, massive loss of time and effort, loss of money (wasted resin) etc etc.

I actually want to send the printer back, but I'm afraid they'll take it and not refund.. yes, guess I'm a bit paranoid but if you'd experienced the chain of events I did, you'd feel the same I'm sure.

Now don't get me wrong, I buy lots of things and companies often have issues here and there, but they tell you when a problem happens, they keep you informed mostly and so one can work with that. The Formlabs people always choose to keep you in the dark and there's a sense of high and mightiness that comes from them.

So be warned!

ALSO, how come there's absolutely no Google results from 3DPrintboard when searching for the Form 2 printer? - also, I think this might be related to the fact that when you're not signed that searching on the search bar here typing Form 2 or Formlabs or even Form returns nothing! - its not until an account is created (like I did) that results are returned. I actually signed up because I wanted to start a thread only to find that actually many threads exist - this should be looked at as many users probably leave the site thinking that nothing is spoken about the printer and go elsewhere.

Formlabs have their own forum buy I'm sure its moderated in such a way that anything they don't like they delete.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am looking at the Kudo3D Bean printer that will be launched on Kickstarter this month.
    It looks like a nice little printer. If anyone knows anything about the company and their products let me know.
    Only a few companies can keep their promise as far as delivery times go..

That Bean does look interesting. There is also the Moai currently on KS, and the G3D T-1000 on Indiegogo. They both look good and very likely to deliver as well. It seems the market for lower cost DLP & SLA printers is finally shifting.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    just bear in mind that from launch to delivery (if it happens) is usually a minimum of 18 months for any 3d printer on crowd funding sites.

Given how many you can currently buy - I'd be looking at existing machines, just depends how long you want to wait I guess :-)

The bean does look interesting, very small build volume - but does come from proven printer company, so possible faster production process..
    I guess it all boils down to how cheap they think affordable is :-)

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    The ONO site seems to be up and running now, $99 for a SLA printer with a 124x72x54 volume.
    I wonder if anyone has experience with this one.

3DPrintBoardPro Member car3less's Avatar
    Follow car3less On Twitter Add car3less on Facebook Add car3less on Shapeways
    I saw it at Maker Faire Rome. And the prints looked ok. But still... Sometimes, you need the phone for speaking, not 3D printing
    Printare 3D Bucuresti

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast