Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Add Torby on Thingiverse
    Not quite the same board as I have. Mine has a power switch and some sort of power connector mounted to it that shows out the back beside the USB connector.

I'll have to wait till next payday to get the power supply, unless the junk guy turns it up. He says there is some more stuff from the same source he hasn't sorted through yet, but he has his eyes open. That's how he found the other two spools of filament he gave me. One is white. The other florescent green.

This shop is quite a sight. His wife was sorting through a box of children's clothes. "Why do people do this," she laughed. "Here is a nice canvas tennis shoe, but only the left. How many size 3 boys do you know have only one foot?"

I went looking for an electric skillet I could use to reflow surface mount parts as mine had gone missing. He didn't have one, which is good because I found mine.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Mine has a power switch and some sort of power connector mounted to it that shows out the back beside the USB connector.
    so does mine. we just wired another switch at the front - probably the second best mod you can do after a print area duct fan.

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    If it doesn't turn up at the junk shop before next payday, I'll get the meanwell.

Can you point me to some info on this cooling fan idea?

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    Mean Well NES-350-24 power supply has been ordered.

just out of curiosity - does it come with the right cables and connectors ?

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    Of course not. I don't know what the connector here on the back of the replicator is. I'll take the board out and solder some wires to connect it. Might put a power switch on the front too.

You lubricate this thing with synthetic grease? I'll see what Daryl has at the hardware store.
    Last edited by Torby; 11-28-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    Oh. Yes. I downloaded "Makerbot Print." Is this the right program or would you suggest something else?

Add Torby on Thingiverse
    Amazon says the power supply should arrive Sunday? Ok, I look for it sometime next week. I also got a "power entry module" with a socket for a cord, power switch and fuse. Might not mount that on the front.

A friend pointed me to "Cura" for the slicer. Version 15.04.6 has a profile for the replicator. I sliced the silly little figurine model it came with and got a gcode file. I guess this is what you put on the SD card.

gcode file probably won't do you any good - what you actually need is an x3g file.
    Basically makerbot designed an open source printer then made sure it could only be used with their own software.

Your best bet is either makerware(you need an early version - the current one won't talk to the older printers) or flashprint and choose the rep pro option.
    links here: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ilable-slicers

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast