Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    I am not using hairspray any longer - printafix works better anyway and the bottles are more manageable.

Another safety concern is the use of MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) as a solvent for PLA. People have been using this to smoothen parts and clean out nozzles. Under prolonged exposure this is veritably harmful to the nervous system and it is recommended only to use it with a full body overall + gas mask independent of environment air. It is better to just replace the nozzles, the prices have dropped anyway.

Staff Engineer
    Perhaps having consideration for the feelings of others has gone out of style, but some of us try to behave well anyway. If anonymously casting blame on accident victims is your idea of a good time, I can't stop you from getting whatever enjoyment you get from that. I can only deplore it, along with other incidents of bad behavior that seem to be on the increase lately.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by cwaa View Post
    deplore away
    Damn dude... i am an ultra conservative gun carrying biker.... a true deplorable and you are a little insensitive to the situation.... and a lot disrespectful to the members here.

Engineer-in-Training
    Point is that you come across a little arrogant and insensative. Kid made a mistake and died. People searching for info on it may come across this thread. Your voice is not consistent with the community and really reflects on you in a bad way as a person.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12