Close

Was perfect now a mess

I have a HICTOP prusa i3 3dp-12. Aluminium and auto level heated bed. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was working perfectly when built on saturday. did a large print on sunday (green pen holder) and was working fine. then hasnt been used until today.

For some reason today, every print I've tried has failed. The head and bed keep randomly moving to the endstops and the extruder reversing the filament out??

I dont know what I've done to it. I did some cable management yesterday when I had a minute but other than that I dont think anythings changed.

Ive tried gcode from my desktop pc cura and my laptops both resulting in the same thing. Ive reset to default profile and its the same.

See attached video and photos.
    - shows it backing the filament out after going to the endstops.

It was doing the same with the green filament this morning, hence changing to the black to try but obviously no difference.

When it was working fine -
    20161102_135152.jpg20161102_135203.jpg

Now -

Thanks
    Richard

I seem to have sorted my own problem. A new SD card and its working again.

Any ideas why it suddenly decided it didnt like that SD card? it still works fine in my PC

https://youtu.be/FV6a1NqLvm8

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    probably just a duff sd card. They don't exactly source quality cards for give aways with printers :-)

Unfortunately not. It was my own SD card, the printer didn't come with one. And eventually it has started doing the same thing again. It prints perfectly over usb just random crap via sd card. Finally got a response from support to update the firmware but that didn't change anything