Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by savantUSA View Post
    We are launching a filament extruder in about a month on Kickstarter. We are Open Source and would like to collaborate if possible on the Strooder. Our design is longer and has a self-winding spool. Its made to use in a lab or school, meaning you can extrude what you need, or make a full spool if you'd like. After Kickstarter orders are fulfilled, we will release the files and BOM. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=b04cde69
    We too are hoping too supply to schools and labs and for this reason have focused on user friendliness and safety for the product.

We are also introducing an automatic winder for our project that will be attached as one of our stretch goals for our campaign this month (credit Dr luigi).

We would be interested in discussing your plans further and any potential for collaboration, please contact us as soon as possible through
    info@omnidynamics.co.uk so we can begin discussing this before our impending launch .

Technician

Kickstarter Launch May 27th

Update #9:

We have been approved by Kickstarter. Everything is in place and we are launching today (May 27th) at 18:00 GMT+1!

We want to say a massive thank you to all of you who have contributed to this thread. You have all been an incredible help and your comments and questions truly have shaped what Strooder is today. The motivation you provide as a result of your feedback really keeps our team in order and allows us to work to our full potential. So, thank you.

As a means of saying thank you, we will post a link to the Kickstarter tomorrow before it goes live so you can check it out and have a chance to hopefully grab those early birds before they run out. (Shh don't tell anyone!)

If you have any questions about the Kickstarter we will answer them both here and on Kickstarter.

Strooder launch today.jpg

And finally, a massive thanks to 3Dprint who wrote this fantastic article on Strooder: http://3dprint.com/4445/strooder-kickstarter/
    Last edited by Strooder; 05-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.

Any idea what you'll be charging for shipping to Australia?

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdnut View Post
    Any idea what you'll be charging for shipping to Australia?
    Hi,

For international orders, the charges will be offset by the UK charges, so you will only pay the remainder. We are putting estimates on the Kickstarter page but the estimated price for shipment to Australia is roughly £30.

Engineer-in-Training
    I seriously question the profit margin claim. It really doesn't bode well for an upstart to not understand what it takes to stay in business making a product. There's a lot more to costs to produce a product than just the cost of raw materials.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by JRDM View Post
    I seriously question the profit margin claim. It really doesn't bode well for an upstart to not understand what it takes to stay in business making a product. There's a lot more to costs to produce a product than just the cost of raw materials.
    Hi JRDM,

All of our business costs have been factored in when we priced Strooder. We fully appreciate what it takes to stay a float as a business and providing the Kickstarter goal is met we will have the financial means to do so.

Technician
    Almost time, less than 30 mins and as promised the preview link so you can be notified when we launch https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=aa2486b3

Technician
    Launch!! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...nting-filament Ultra early birds are gone already!

You reached your goal within 11 hours!
    Congrats. Hope you will make the 50,000 stretch goal...

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    So I'm confused...

As of now, the Kickstarter is at about 23,000. If I back this for the 199 tier right now, when I get mine, would I be able to break up my failed prints and recycle them? I know the bot doesn't have a grinder, but it's stated somewhere that if it would fit in the feed tube, you can recycle it. Does that currently hold true, or would that be a future development?

If that is a feature already implemented in the design, I'll back it later today. I'd rather be able to do that by hand without the grinder, than not be able to recycle at all.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast