Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Technician
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    So I'm confused...

As of now, the Kickstarter is at about 23,000. If I back this for the 199 tier right now, when I get mine, would I be able to break up my failed prints and recycle them? I know the bot doesn't have a grinder, but it's stated somewhere that if it would fit in the feed tube, you can recycle it. Does that currently hold true, or would that be a future development?

If that is a feature already implemented in the design, I'll back it later today. I'd rather be able to do that by hand without the grinder, than not be able to recycle at all.

That is absolutely possible. As long as the plastic is cut down to the feed tube size (less than .5mm) and any contaminants are removed then you can recycle it.
    Last edited by Strooder; 06-12-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    That is absolutely possible. As long as the plastic is cut down to the feed tube size (less than .5mm) and any contaminants are removed then you can recycle it.

If Kickstarter would ever take my card info, I'd back you today.

Congratulations for this great achievement , I am interested in this kind of machine since I saw the lyman and others. but I'm not handy and the price of other very high speed for a lower result in your post that I can see.
    Besides small footprint .
    Since yesterday , I hesitate to take action to buy. initially I saw that the delivery was in September but now it's October , that's when you can expect . ;-)

At the moment we can only rely on your information this is the reason why I hang a little, because I do not want to be disappointed with my purchase .

1 / According to some articles I see as features 8 RPM , 10 RPM and even 10 to 35 RPM , there is even video on your 10 or 11 RPM .
    what is the real value ? and when you say we are talking about RPM screw stepper motor because the displaced volume is not the same .
    I want a machine that does not put one kilogram 10am to because I want to watch while talking about security .

2 / According to some photo here and on other articles, by the time I see an internal wooden box and when a plastic case . what it actually ?
    if it's plastic I'm afraid that with time and temperature ( direct and indirect) support pin deforms .

3 / aodre I design, I'll ask for on my desk.
    my wife can not say that it is not aesthetic .

Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    You might want to double check your information - on your KS home page you say "The parts only need to be as small as the feed tube, about an inch". That's a fair old difference to .5mm (by a factor of 50).

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdnut View Post
    You might want to double check your information - on your KS home page you say "The parts only need to be as small as the feed tube, about an inch". That's a fair old difference to .5mm (by a factor of 50).

Wait... What?

I pitched the idea of backing this to my school and told them one inch...
    That was the deciding factor. I can't get them to agree to back this for $333 unless we can recycle our plastic.

Nobody is going to sit down and grind huge chunks of plastic into pieces that small...

@MysteryAlabaster - I'm pretty sure the .5mm is an error - just waiting for Strooder to clarify/amend.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by astro View Post
    Congratulations for this great achievement , I am interested in this kind of machine since I saw the lyman and others. but I'm not handy and the price of other very high speed for a lower result in your post that I can see.
    Besides small footprint .
    Since yesterday , I hesitate to take action to buy. initially I saw that the delivery was in September but now it's October , that's when you can expect . ;-)

At the moment we can only rely on your information this is the reason why I hang a little, because I do not want to be disappointed with my purchase .

1 / According to some articles I see as features 8 RPM , 10 RPM and even 10 to 35 RPM , there is even video on your 10 or 11 RPM .
    what is the real value ? and when you say we are talking about RPM screw stepper motor because the displaced volume is not the same .
    I want a machine that does not put one kilogram 10am to because I want to watch while talking about security .

2 / According to some photo here and on other articles, by the time I see an internal wooden box and when a plastic case . what it actually ?
    if it's plastic I'm afraid that with time and temperature ( direct and indirect) support pin deforms .

3 / aodre I design, I'll ask for on my desk.
    my wife can not say that it is not aesthetic .
    Hey Astro,

1) We have been experimenting with different motors to achieve the best results possible however the aim is to have about 10 RMP (currently 8 RPM) top speed on the auger bit. The 35 RPM referred to the motor we used previously before it had been geared.

2) The inside mount holding components together is currently made of mild steel that is welded as stresses are great. The outside shell is currently made from plywood which is laser cut. It has been tested and exposed to high temperatures for extended periods of time to ensure safety.

3) Thank you. We worked with our designers very hard to have visually pleasing and functional product.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdnut View Post

Our current tests were with the plastic size up to 5 mm grain size which has performed successfully. We have had positive results of extrusion up to about an inch but we are still finalising the tests to ensure best results and to make sure it doesn't affect filament consistency.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    Wait... What?

I pitched the idea of backing this to my school and told them one inch...
    That was the deciding factor. I can't get them to agree to back this for $333 unless we can recycle our plastic.

Nobody is going to sit down and grind huge chunks of plastic into pieces that small...
    Hi,

Sorry to hear your confusion. As mentioned above, it is guaranteed that 5mm can be fed into the tube and be successfully extruded. We are continuing our testing of up to an inch and it is looking hopeful that this will be a possibility.
    This is also why a grinder is a future development for Strooder so that the process time can be reduced.
    Last edited by Strooder; 06-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Hello,
    I wanted to ask if its sure it will cost 170 dollars more when selling it as retail?

Just as i am thinking to buy one, But more for in the Summer vacation personaly,

And personaly i do think that the price you've set now for your strooder is a nice point to be diffrent from others,
    But if you would actualy bump the price to 450 dollars, well than your again diffrent than the normal Homebrew machine or the chinese brands.

I kinda find 450 dollars to much for a home user, as you realy wont print that much to get even profit after a year, as you would need to print roughly 25kg of plastic to get on your break even point as user.
    Perhaps its something nice for stores to sell there own plastic, but for home users i would kinda advice to perhaps try to stay at your current pricepoint.

I just kinda felt to say that :P

As i kinda like the product and the work you've put into it, But its just no diffrent than we have now if you would make it 250+ dollars more expensive than a homebrew machine.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast