Close



Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 110
  1. #51
    Staff Engineer old man emu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Narellan, New South Wales, Australia
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    However the Strooder will actually be shipped fully assembled to avoid all these complications and ensure the end user has as little troubles as possible. This is something we have not communicated yet so thank you for reminding us to make everyone aware!
    I suggest that you reconsider your plan to deliver the Strooder already assembled to foreign countries. Although the weight of the consignment will not change appreciably, the size of the box will, and that could add tens of dollars to the final cost for the buyer. I know I hate paying heaps for unused volume in packages I obtain from overseas. If your assembly instructions are clear, and you have tested them by having a complete novice assemble the thing, then you should be OK. However, Murphy's Law lets you know that there is some moron out there who will fit Tab A into Slot C with a sledgehammer, when Tab A is designed to slip easily into Slot A.

    OME

  2. #52
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    I suggest that you reconsider your plan to deliver the Strooder already assembled to foreign countries. Although the weight of the consignment will not change appreciably, the size of the box will, and that could add tens of dollars to the final cost for the buyer. I know I hate paying heaps for unused volume in packages I obtain from overseas. If your assembly instructions are clear, and you have tested them by having a complete novice assemble the thing, then you should be OK. However, Murphy's Law lets you know that there is some moron out there who will fit Tab A into Slot C with a sledgehammer, when Tab A is designed to slip easily into Slot A.

    OME

    This is an invaluable suggestion. We are 100% certain that all UK shipping of Strooder will be fully assembled. We are currently still trying to find the best shipping option for international purchases so that the shipping cost is not heaps out of your wallet. If we find that the shippment prices are too high we will ship Strooder flat packed to international buyers; it is our intention to make the whole Stooder experience as easy for every user as possible so will not do anything that would ever result in any buyer paying extortionate amounts for packaging and shipment. However, for the time being our aim is to still ship it fully assembled.

  3. #53
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Update #6:

    The filming has been completed after 2 days of madness. Over the next few days we will be working to create the final edit, which should be complete by the end of next week. The video will be showcased to a small focus group before it is submitted to Kickstarter and we may release it early for a select amount of people who are interested within this forum to gain constructive feedback straight from the users; you guys!

    10177952_627850810641693_5149542740395946994_n.jpg

    It has been decided that Strooder’s default colour will be Jet black, and all Strooders on Kickstarter will be shipped in Jet black. There is however a reward pledge amount to have Strooder in any colour of your choice. All colours will be available during main release.

    1908316_626887727404668_879153500421622760_n.jpg

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    It has been decided that Strooder’s default colour will be Jet black, and all Strooders on Kickstarter will be shipped in Jet black. There is however a reward pledge amount to have Strooder in any colour of your choice. All colours will be available during main release.
    Dang. I wanted orange.

  5. #55
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Update #7:

    We have new gears and a motor encoder. The gears transfer higher tourqe and the encoder is giving smoother control. Both are making the filament more consistent.

    Also a big welcome to mini Strooder, the prototype keyring being perfected as we speak!


    Protokeyring.jpg

    We wanted to also say a big thanks to 3Duniverse for their article covering Strooder! If you haven't seen it check it out here: http://www.3duniverse.org/2014/05/15/strooder/

  6. #56
    Super Moderator DrLuigi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    502
    Quote Originally Posted by Strooder View Post
    Update #7:

    We have new gears and a motor encoder. The gears transfer higher tourqe and the encoder is giving smoother control. Both are making the filament more consistent.

    Also a big welcome to mini Strooder, the prototype keyring being perfected as we speak!


    Protokeyring.jpg

    We wanted to also say a big thanks to 3Duniverse for their article covering Strooder! If you haven't seen it check it out here: http://www.3duniverse.org/2014/05/15/strooder/

    Ah so it is going to cost roughly 450 dollars?
    Thats quiet a bit more than the kickstarter, wich makes me think that the retail version will be improven quiet a bit as quality goes etc?

    Kinda hoped on this project to be more economical as price goes, To be something that would get more people making there own filament, If it is 450 dollars well, then it wont be that much diffrent as the others we know now.
    Even tho the Strooder seems more compact and a bit more nicely to have in your room, kinda dissapointed on that side to be honest.

    Just saying my opinion to help you of course.

  7. #57
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    10
    I've been a bit of a kickstarter design and technology addict for the last couple of years so I'd be more than happy to review the kickstarter video prior to launch.

  8. #58
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Ah so it is going to cost roughly 450 dollars?
    Thats quiet a bit more than the kickstarter, wich makes me think that the retail version will be improven quiet a bit as quality goes etc?

    Kinda hoped on this project to be more economical as price goes, To be something that would get more people making there own filament, If it is 450 dollars well, then it wont be that much diffrent as the others we know now.
    Even tho the Strooder seems more compact and a bit more nicely to have in your room, kinda dissapointed on that side to be honest.

    Just saying my opinion to help you of course.
    Hi DrLuigi,


    You're correct, when retailed Strooder will roughly cost $450. The reasons vary as to why the price level set but with everything we do we are trying to make extrusion cheaper and easier for every user. Any profit seen from Strooder is being taken to improve Strooder but it is also going to be injected into research to find the cheapest ways and sources to extrude quality and inexpensive filament. This will mean that we will be able to offer advice on how to find the best pellets, whether that be in our shop or from an external retailer. It will also mean there will be a platform to communicate with other users to share knowledge on producing various flavors and such.


    Thank you for your opinion, it's deeply valued.

  9. #59
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    51
    Follow Strooder On Twitter Add Strooder on Facebook Add Strooder on Google+
    Update #8:


    Kickstarter has been sent for approval!


    It has taken many days to finalise everything but the wait should be worth it! We are expecting it to be approved by the very latest the 27th May but will be updating as soon as we find out.


    We made a small teaser trailer which shows the progression Strooder has gone through. You'll be able to see the full showcase in the Kickstarter video.

    Check it out!

    https://vimeo.com/95998412

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4
    We are launching a filament extruder in about a month on Kickstarter. We are Open Source and would like to collaborate if possible on the Strooder. Our design is longer and has a self-winding spool. Its made to use in a lab or school, meaning you can extrude what you need, or make a full spool if you'd like. After Kickstarter orders are fulfilled, we will release the files and BOM. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...token=b04cde69

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •